• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ERTL/AMT XB-35

Frank

Been working on this one for a couple of years now.
20200417_142121.jpg
20201205_105756.jpg
20210801_152137.jpg

This one has been waiting a new Alumium coler to arrive.
Got the panels taped and painted today.
20211223_123812.jpg
20220225_145828.jpg

Thank you for looking in.

Last edited:
I'd love to have one in my collection, tried it once and I screwed up and let Alclad pool up and ate into the plastic. Yeah I got a heavy hand.

Wonderful job Frank.
Ian, the XB35 never went operational if I recall correctly, it did develop into the YB49 jet powered variant that was later scrapped. First flight was in the mid 40s, 46 or 47 and the program ended in the early 50s.
A US Senator attempted to make Northrup merge with Convair in order to build the flying wing but Jack Northrup refused so the Senator canceled the project, that senator went on to be president of Convair....:vmad:

Bet on Frank to build the model airplane that is "off the beaten path" and build it very well! :tens:
The YB-49 made her final flight in April of 1951. 2 years later the jet Flying Wing would make her critical and only atomic combat strike, just outside of Los Angeles.

Back