• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Elefant in 1/35 by Dragon - tracks 'n stuff

wds

This was started a good while back and put away because I didn’t want to deal with sorting out the figures. Well, the figures have been more or less sorted. I built a tray inside the hull for the commander to stand on, and figured out a way to mount the sitting driver figure (not shown) in the open driver’s hatch. Fruil tracks are in possession and will be included.
(The faint camo indicated is a left over from some trial runs of cutting out a stencil for spraying. )

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

Ele_5.jpg

Ele_4.jpg

Ele_1.jpg

Ele_2.jpg

Ele_3.jpg

Elefant in 1/35 by Dragon

That kit was at the top of my build pile before my eye issues, what is your impression of the kit. Any build/fit issues? It sure looks like you overcame any, nice clean build. :good: :drinks

Thanks Luis!

...... what is your impression of the kit. Any build/fit issues? ....

Thanks Mike. My impression is that it is pretty good. B+ for Dragon. There are a couple of sheets of photo-etch (fenders, tool box, misc. brackets) which I decided to forego. I think that this kit uses many of the parts (sprues) from the previous Ferdinand kit (just like the real thing), so there are a few parts not used, some holes to be filled and some detail to remove. No big deal. There are two ways to do the circular rear hatch. You are supposed to be able to hang some spare tracks on the back, but it doesn't lay down well with the large hinges on the two-part door option. This thing is big. Lots of real estate on those hull sides!

Anyway, ... See you down the road.

As always thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

Just a heads up Bill,

The figures in the Dragon LAH kit are from the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler,so Waffen SS troopers.
The SS hadn't Elefants in use.
Maybe you could paint the figures in Wehrmacht splinter camo to make them Wehrmacht Heer troops.
[sub](you know how judges can be at modelshows when you enter in competition)[/sub]

Splinter_Camo_overal.jpg

Gr,Ron.

..looks good dude keep up the good work is going to be a fine looking target when you're done ......... :eek:ldguy

Those Dragon Elefants are great,I did the one with zimm a few years ago for a Heavy Group Build here.Yours is looking good,figures will add a lot of interest.

....Just a heads up Bill,
Maybe you could paint the figures in Wehrmacht splinter camo to make them Wehrmacht Heer troops. ....

Gr,Ron.

Thanks Ron! (sarcasm font)
Well, ... I obviously didn't do my homework. :blush: I just figured "Russia" It's all good. :idonno
I finally got up the courage to do a woodland/dot camo uniform on a 1/35th scale figure. I'm not ready for "rain/splinter".
Hey! ... maybe these LAH guys were just "evaluating " the hardware for a possible acquisition? It could happen! (Maybe).
We'll see. Plenty to do. Seriously: Thanks for your thorough post and thoughtful suggestions. You have added a new wrinkle :vmad /option :v to my thought process and planning.

Thanks Swordsman !
Thanks Raiderfan 2779! Go Warriors!

Thanks for looking! :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier

Cheers,

Bill

....Just a heads up Bill,
Maybe you could paint the figures in Wehrmacht splinter camo to make them Wehrmacht Heer troops. ....

Gr,Ron.

Thanks Ron! (sarcasm font)
Well, ... I obviously didn't do my homework. :blush: I just figured "Russia" It's all good. :idonno
I finally got up the courage to do a woodland/dot camo uniform on a 1/35th scale figure. I'm not ready for "rain/splinter".
Hey! ... maybe these LAH guys were just "evaluating " the hardware for a possible acquisition? It could happen! (Maybe).

Bill
The Splinter version is was very rare (i never seen an Original before )
Just paint them german field green or field grey you cant go wrong then ,and make sure the insignia on the head gear is WH
Then there is no need for the chaps of the Waffen ss to inspect the beast

The Splinter version is was very rare (i never seen an Original before )
Just paint them german field green or field grey you cant go wrong then ,and make sure the insignia on the head gear is WH
Then there is no need for the chaps of the Waffen ss to inspect the beast

The Wehrmacht Splinter version probably isn't that rare like you think it is Piet,Wehrmacht units had at Company size tailors,they made from Zeltbahn material all kind of uniforms including coveralls,not just for officers but also for enlisted men.If you want to see a nice study of it,check out Jean deLagarde's book.: http://www.bol.com/nl/p/german-soldiers-of-wwii/9200000028191251/

Now then,for the the Coveralls in Field Grey or Reed Green,there is not much in original color to be found.But I remember the original film about German Armor in German Panzer Grey that I've posted some time back around here.
Crew member on captured French Panhard:

Panzer_Overall_Wehrmacht.jpg

Gr,Ron.

I own the book you refer to ,
And if you look closely it is not an coverall but a separate jacket and trousers
ha7a68ce.jpg

But i doubt splinter coveralls were common at the time of Kursk

i never came across one i all my years of collecting :bang head wish i had !
1 green and 2 ss camo even had creamy white one with fur

I own the book you refer to ,
And if you look closely it is not an coverall but a separate jacket and trousers
ha7a68ce.jpg

But i doubt splinter coveralls were common at the time of Kursk

Yes Sir,that's no coverall.Had to find back my copy of mr LaGarde's superb book to check it.
As Bill's LAH figures are wearing the M 43 one piece suit he could use the Wehrmacht splinter camo on it, even though as it might not be common it could be used non the less.

Gr,Ron.

Thanks Piet!
Thanks Ron!
It is very nice of you both to post and share the pictures. Much appreciated! (y)
In consideration of this info, I'll probably go with the gray/green coveralls. We'll see.

Some paint progress. Primered w/ Tamiya primer. Base coated with Tamiya Hull Red. Top coated with Tamiya Dark Yellow.The Dark Yellow was progressively lightened with White for some color modulation.

Next, some Camo green. Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Bill

Ele_6.jpg

Ele_7.jpg

v120

Back