• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Egyptian Sharkmouth.

Well I'am going to call this done eventhough I feel I have messed this up royaly.
I tried the sponge chipping method on this and muffed it completely. :bang head

DSC_0155_rs.jpg

Ended up with to much chipping around the wing root.

DSC_0156_rs.jpg

I dulled the effect with Sin filters brown filter.As you can see the chipping on the wings is far to heavy for what I was aiming at.

DSC_0157_rs.jpg

The gun smoke was airbrushed on,a mix of black and red brown with a drop or two of Hobby Color Oil along with the exhaust stain.

DSC_0158_rs.jpg

DSC_0159_rs.jpg

So instead of a lightly worn P-40 I ended up with a beaten up sand kicker due to my stuff up. :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

It doesn't look that bad, not bad at all. You could give a neutral wash over some of them to make some chipping look older than the others. But if you're done you're done, good job!

Post it up on the completion thread and claim the ribbon you were going for. (y)

That is a fantastic looking old Warbird; looks like it came through a sandstorm. I think you did just the right amount of weathering for a bird like that in that Theater of Operations. I would be calling this a perfect build if it were mine.

lupanzer, Duke, Ed, James and MP thank you for the kind comments.
I guess because I muffed what I thought I wanted it tainted my view of the whole finish :hmmm
But I have to work on the sponge chipping style I know that. :blink

Again thank's for the great comments. (y)

Back