• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

EGYPTIAN JS-3M

So I ordered the 1950's Egyptian decals from STAR DECALS and they look great! I also took some various size sanding sticks like we all have in our boxes, and scrubbed the corners & hi-lights to show chipping from use (Note that, unlike my other JS-2 build, I am not looking for heavy use on this item).

One thing to note is that the testors paint, when dry, is HARD! Required some real 'scrubbing' to get even the mild effect you see here!

h9e65c55_2018-09-08-2.JPG

ha9a8014_2018-09-08-2.JPG

h255c98d_2018-09-08.JPG

As I also have to do yard work and house cleaning (darn this thing called life!) I am not sure how much more i will get done. Also note, our older cat is in her sun spot, and she is looking a bit as I feel:

h92e112c.JPG

Your work is well worth waiting for; post 'em when you can. I know how your cat feels. I've been there for awhile.

well, here is the latest. In the light box some of the yellow dot filtering shows more than I would like, so need to calm it down, plus dusting, but it is nearing completion!

h7c98ed7.jpg

h5d06887.jpg

h0303748.jpg

h1e8e85d.jpg

h94fa344.jpg

B) (y)
very nice finish....and thanks for the video too!
I haven't seen a JS3 done for the post war middle eastern theatre before.

Ian.

FINISHED!!!! - EGYPTIAN JS-3M

OK, calling this complete. I think it turned out very nice. I may go back a& create a base for it, plus do a tiny bit more, but right now I like it as-is. As you fine folks over the pond would say that this is "Done & Dusted," literally.

hf6c6a62.jpg

h3c77431.jpg

hbdc608b.jpg

hd12ea6d.jpg

h040c4a9.jpg

h543737c.jpg

h2f3963f.jpg

FINISHED!!!! - EGYPTIAN JS-3M

Very nicely done! You also finished this campaign! More than I can say about me being that I started it!

Regards and thanks,

Back