• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard F6F Hellcat

Did a dark gray undercoat yesterday and started with the Navy Blue this morning. Gave it a light coat of the blue and then sprayed the inside of the panels. Will follow up with a lightened blue on the top sides and then a mist coat.

08F6FHellcat_zps7b999c16.jpg

So I went to bed last night thinking that the Navy Blue was way too light but that I would live with it. I am using Tamiya paints and had to do the custom mix of three colours to get the Navy Blue :facepalm . Anyway, I decided this morning to darken it up and sprayed a mist coat of a darker colour. I felt the contrast of the shading was still strong enough that I wouldn't lose it by doing that. I am much much much happier with the result. :yipee

The photo doesn't show it to good effect because of the gloss coat but you get the idea.

10F6FHellcat_zps30726335.jpg

Company is showing up tonight so thought I better put this one on the finished shelf.

12F6FHellcat_zps66a11353.jpg

13F6FHellcat_zps995103b8.jpg

14F6FHellcat_zpsdb48faaf.jpg

15F6FHellcat_zps831af03e.jpg

16F6FHellcat_zps919c0fe3.jpg

Tried a couple of shots outside since it is nice and sunny. One turned out okay. Need to work on that. Really shows the true colour much better.

17F6FHellcat_zpsa98627a4.jpg

Back