• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard F6F Hellcat

razordws

Finally starting to feel like a human being again so I got going on this this morning. Here are the start up pics. No box for this one. It was a gift and was shipped with some others without the box to save space.

01F6FHellcat_zps89ddd5b5.jpg

02F6FHellcat_zpsc84f953c.jpg

03F6FHellcat_zps0fbc6c10.jpg

Beautiful surface detail on this kit. The only issue I've had so far is the control stick was broken but minor detail.

Gee Saul, you asked so nicely but sadly not this time around. I already glued on some options that are not for that build.

Got the pit completed tonight. Only lost one itty bitty PE lever to the carpet monster. Some I didn't bother with. I almost lost part of the control stick as it snapped off at some point while doing the seat belts. (note to self - leave off next time until everything else is completed) I glued it back on but need to touch up the paint on it. Everything is all ready to close up. Hopefully tomorrow.

04F6FHellcat_zps70ba9eb1.jpg

05F6FHellcat_zpsefdb0f31.jpg

Great work!!! :popcorn

I am with Saul :coolio after P-40 this is my favorite ac. for Shark-Cat-mouth

All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks everyone for stopping in and commenting. :ro:

More progress. Everything is going together quite nicely! (y)

06F6FHellcat_zpsf0609056.jpg

Engine is next.

Ready for paint! :yipee Just need a quick wash.

I sat down this morning and wondered why I hadn't glued the cowl on yet as everything on the engine was done so I went ahead and glued it. As soon as the glue hit I remembered I was going to take a picture of the engine before closing it up. Doh! :bang head

I did use the Eduard PE wiring harness on the engine. I have mixed feelings about that. Seems outa scale for 1/72 and covers up almost all the beautiful molding on the cylinder heads.

I'm going to leave the canopy open and eduard provides an open and a closed canopy part so I used the closed option part to blank of the pit while painting.

07F6FHellcat_zpsce8420a6.jpg

Back