• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard 1/72 LA-7

Thank you for the positive responses . Special thanks to Dusan for his opinion .

I"ll just offer this pictures as a comparison .

comparison_001a.jpg

AIIred.jpg

These two airplanes are shot with Tamiya XF-7 . The difference is that the IL-2 is painted over white and the LA-7 is painted over deck tan.
This red paint is easily influenced by the undercoat.

This, however is the only red paint used on VVS aircraft . In my opinion the IL-2 is much closer in shade.

Thanks for looking in . Opinions are still welcomed .

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi all ! Been a while since I have posted anything but I have been plodding along quietly . :fencing Sorta !

After three failed attempts at getting the cowling painted to my satisfaction I stripped it and started over.

Lagg-7_nose_a1.jpg

I finally got this far but it's been a struggle. Even the Eduard PE does not necessarily fit the Eduard plastic . Interesting :bang head

lagg-7_nose_b1.jpg

Getting close .Hope to get it finished soon .

Tanks for looking in . Comments welcomed .

Cheers, Christian B)

What was the issue with the painting?
James

The red was too dark. I had to paint it over white instead of deck gray to make it look right but it went downhill from there.
I had several problems thereafter like pulling the white stripes off etc, etc . All self inflicted things.

Finally happy with the looks .

Cheers, Christian B)

Believe it or not I keep trying to be optimistic about their product but it does not seem to get better.

That said, this kit has been around for a while now . Hope the newer issues have improved.

Cheers, Christian B)

I thought it looked fine before Chris but you've done a heck of a job with the corrections!

Can't tell anything was changed (aside from the shade of red)

:popcorn

I thought it looked fine before Chris but you've done a heck of a job with the corrections!

Can't tell anything was changed (aside from the shade of red)

Hi Warren. Well, that was my complaint. Actually the same red but over a different background . I also lifted the white stripes with the mask so now they are painted on.

Just me being a fuss budget over the paint . . . :bang head but now I feel better .

Cheers, Christian B)

I'm calling this one finished ! :D

Just a few pix for now . One think I liked about this Eduard PE Is that the radiator shutters are two separate layers.

LA-7_Finished_002a.jpg

They can be displayed closed or opened. They are not a cooling fan as in the FW 190

Here they are closed for those cold Russian winters .

LA-7_Finished_003a%7E0.jpg

One quick picture for now . . .

LA-7_Finished_004a.jpg

More after lunch . Thanks for looking .

Cheers, Christian B)

While looking at the last picture, I realized there was no petot tube .

I proceeded to the last of the parts only to break it while trying to clean up the mold lines .

It really is very long and at .011 thickness it was fragile. Made a new one from brass tubing.

LA-7_take_2_001a.jpg

Drilling the hole in that little fitting was unerving. I though for sure it would fly across the room at any moment .

LA-7_take_2_002a.jpg

I guess now and then some god luck is appreciated :D

LA-7_take_2_004a.jpg

LA-7_take_2_005a.jpg

LA-7_take_2_006a.jpg

LA-7_take_2_007a.jpg

LA-7_take_2_008a.jpg

LA-7_take_3_001a.jpg

LA-7_take_3_002a.jpg

LA-7_take_2_003a%7E0.jpg

Well, that's all for this one folks . A pretty good kit overall but the clear parts are unbelievably thick and hard to work with . Get a vacu-formed copy if you plan to build one with the canopy open.

I also found the green Eduard mask difficult to work with. If you know how to properly use , please w share your knowledge.

Thanks for looking in . Comments welcomed .

Cheers, Christian

Great looking Lavochkin Chris ! I may have missed it but is this an aces plane ? If so who's ! :cheer:

BTW got a couple of 1/72 Japanese Aircraft kits i want to give you next time i see you !!!

regards
JOEY

Back