• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard 1/72 LA-7

Ok, I'm back from being sick. I have however been tinkering with the builds.

I have altered the dark shapes on the Lagg to follow the diagram more closely . I really like the Russian flowing shapes.

science_project_2_002a.jpg

I have also added some metal panels and the tail marking .

science_project_002a.jpg

It will soon be time to break out the red and the blue :)

Thanks for looking. Comments are welcomed .

Cheers, Christian B)
Hmmmmmm JUMMY :popcorn

I still can't believe you're building more than one at a time!

Well, I make mistakes too not really . In reality I still only have two hand and can only work on one at a time. :rotf

Looks good Chris. Interesting seeing the grey on grey rather than earth tones. Looking forward to the bling you're going to apply.
James

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I took a liking to the gay on gray look of the VVS planes a good while back but this is the first one I've built.

After a couple coats of Future I worked out the geometry of the red markings and then realised what a pain it would be to mask the rest off.

Red always seem to get through the mask somewhere :vmad but I came up with an simple solution right out of my trash can :woohoo:

new_LA-7_152a.jpg

Voilas !

After the Future dries, It'll be ready for decals.

new_LA-7_153a.jpg

new_LA-7_155a.jpg

That's all for tonight. Thanks for looking.

Comments welcomed . Cheers, Christian B)

Looks spiffy Chris. Is the white chevron on the nose a decal or do you have to spray it also?
:popcorn
James

That's all paint James. That's why I though it would have been difficult to mask the airframe. Too close the the wing leading edge.

I also did not want to mask over the metal pieces on the fuselage for obvious reasons. :mpup

They did provide Chevrons but this way I didn't have to match it to the cowling.

Cheers, Christian B)

last night I had a few minutes , so I started the decals . I found a few more this evening and now they're on. I'll have to check tomorrow to see if they need more solvent.

LA-7_decals_001a.jpg

This awful gaudy looking and the cowl is quite a bit darker than the stars. I migh have to re shoot it.

comment welcomed . Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

Cowl is a hot spot... so may be a bit darker :coolio Beautiful "Ace" bird Chris!

All the best!
Dusan.

Back