• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DSPIAE circular cutter

sharkman

Master at Arms
Has anyone purchased one of these?

I am considering buying one to help make the Norwegian markings on my
PBY and am just wondering if anyone has purchased and used them since they aren't cheap. I currently have a cheap circle cutter from Michaels but it's not that great!

I did a review on these a while back. I cant check for it at the moment. Basically it is an amazing piece of kit. I made circles so small I didn't realize it worked until I was showing my wife and looking at it held up the the light I saw all of the tiny ones I had made. Meng also sells the Dspiae stuff under its own name. There is also an attachment you can get for centering. Very highly recommend it and all of their tools.
James

Thanks James,

I think I will get one, just waiting to hear if the vendor can still ship in this crisis!

We're going to have those articles moved soon folks.
I got one also, works very well Warren.

James - will it cut plastic sheet?

Thanks
Mike
Thin plastic sheet. I've used it on 5 thou and 10 thou, on tape and paper. I dont think anything bigger would work but have not tried.
I did buy another circle cutter before this but it was cheap and barely worked. The Dspaie ones are very well crafted.
Not a bad review here

James

Good point Mike!

So far, the mail has been pretty regular. Got a new toaster and a pair of shoes coming soon!

Well, Christmas might not be far off! I had a note on the tracking site that this was posted from Australia on May 5th, That was back in June. Today i see that on May 13th it was sent via ship. I suspect it is awaiting release from customs since I don't think any ship takes 7 weeks to cross the ocean and Canada Post has it listed on their tracking...

:bash:

If from BNA, they are at the mercy of Canada and Australia post. My parcel sat on the tarmac for 2 month and finally got deliver a few weeks ago. I looked yesterday and saw that they are only offering DHL now.
When I talked to them looking for my stuff I found that while Canada still seems to be accepting stuff from China and Italy and Spain they will only accept ship borne parcels from Australia. Makes no sense to me that airmail is okay from major virus centers but a reasonably safe country like Australia is limited. I'm sure someone will get a bonus out of the decision though.
If you can cancel the shipment Hobby Sense has one and they ship very fast https://hobbysense.ca/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/meng-hobby-circle-cutter
James

It is from BNA. I have been in contact with the owner and am not worried at this point. Just shocked that the updates on the tracking site are so far behind.

There's still one other parcel I ordered back in April that I'm waiting on as well.

Back