• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragunov's 10,5cm Sturmhaubtize 42 Ausf.G FINISHED

Hi All!

Finally the StuH 42 is finished, so here are the final photo's. Hope you like it!

StuH42AusfGzimmerit37.jpg

StuH42AusfGzimmerit38.jpg

StuH42AusfGzimmerit39.jpg

StuH42AusfGzimmerit40.jpg

StuH42AusfGzimmerit41.jpg

StuH42AusfGzimmerit42.jpg

StuH42AusfGzimmerit44.jpg

StuH42AusfGzimmerit43.jpg

StuH42AusfGzimmerit45.jpg

Thanks everyone for looking and commenting during the build!

Cheers Erik

Erik that is a mighty fine job you've done my man. :woohoo:
This is just me but I think I would give it light dusting,not a lot but just a light dust layer to compliment the grime wash job. Otherwise it looks great for my taste.

Tony Lee :)

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the comments!

About the dusting; a light layer would look nice I agree, but I wouldn't know how to apply it. I don't have an airbrush and trying to put a light cover of dust on it with a spraycan wouldn't be a good idea :laugh:

Any tips are welcome!

Thanks again Erik

Erik no not spray. Get you a stick of pastel chalk that's a light shade of dirt and grind off some on a piece of sandpaper. Then take a brush dipped in the chalk and slop it around all over,just the tank and not you,brush it around,you know how dust would collect,that's all you need to do.

Try it you'll like it
Tony Lee :)

Nice StuH Erik!
I use MIG pigments to make some dust. I don't like the effect of dry apply pigments. And than I tried the 'wet' method suggested by mike walsh for my Stug, but instead of 502 Abteilung thinners I use isopropyl alcohol.

Tony and Roman, thanks for the tips and comments, will give this a try! Not yet on this StuH, because the deadline of this groupbuild is finished. But I sure will start practicing on an old model!

And Tony, what size brush do you use to put the dust on? And do you use something to fixade the dust?

Tom and Richard thanks for the nice comments!! Realy appreciate it! :notworthy

Thanks for looking guys!

Erik

Looks beautiful my friend, Excellent job and finish!

Do the leaves in the Stug are an indication of a diorama?

Ruben

good work erik! i like your stug a lot!

as for dusting you could either use the suggested pigment method or pastel chalks!

Hey, Erick
Super-sweet build. I love the realistic-looking wind and lay of the tow cable.
And, I agree that she needs a little weathering. Maybe a wash and some pastels would help bring her to life.
Randy

Hi all, thanks so much for the comments, I'm practicing with the dusting on a old model as we speak :laugh: I don't think it will come in a dio, but you never know!?

If I start dusting this StuH I'll show you the pics!

Erik

Hi All :Hiay

Did some dusting, please let me know what you think. Comments and tips are very welcome!

StuH42AusfGzimmerit46.jpg

StuH42AusfGzimmerit47.jpg

StuH42AusfGzimmerit48.jpg

Thanks for looking

Erik

Back