• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragonov's StuG IV Early.

Dragunov

Member
Hi All,

Just started a new project, the DML smart kit of the early StuG IV. I was lucky to recieve a review sample from Jenny with the Orange Hobby Schurtzen wich I will use on this kit together with the ATAK zimmerit set. No more aftermarket stuff will be used.

Here is a first pic with some ATAK zimmerit in place. I never used ATAK zimmerit before but I like it allready, very easy to work with and it looks good!

StugIVEarly07.jpg


Hope you like it!

Erik
 
Nice start Erik.

How did you found the ATAK Zim so far? Have started mine and must say the parts for the hull side are not fitting too well. But overall it's really a nice product and easy to work with. At first I was quite afraid I would scrap it just by looking at the paper thin sheet of resin :blink
 

Dragunov

Member
Thanks guys for the comments, I will post some pictures of the progres as soon as possible.

Richard Marchand wrote:
Nice start Erik.

How did you found the ATAK Zim so far? Have started mine and must say the parts for the hull side are not fitting too well. But overall it's really a nice product and easy to work with. At first I was quite afraid I would scrap it just by looking at the paper thin sheet of resin :blink

Richard; I like the ATAK stuff very much, I must say at first I thought how do I get that thin resin on the model without braking it but it works fine in.
I didn't have any fit problems till now. Mayby your set had shrunk a bit? In the ATAK instructions I read something about that.

Jose; I did some damage on the zimmerit, I glued a piece of the zimm for the side wall of the fighting compartment but I put it on a bit crooked, so I tried to correct it but it broke, and I liked the look of it :)

So I ended up doing more damage but now deliberate :) When doing damage with this stuff I did not so much cut a piece of, but try to gently tear of a little piece wich I think gives a more realistic look.

Thanks again, I will post some pics soon!

Cheers Erik
 

Dragunov

Member
Bedankt Kristof!

The Dragon kit is a very nice one, the only thing it realy needs is zimmerit, but with some PE it will be even better.

Here are some WIP pics, lots of work to be done;

StugIVEarly09.jpg


StugIVEarly10.jpg


StugIVEarly11.jpg


Hope you like it! Comments always welcome!

Cheers Erik
 
Hi Erik!

Nice kit and good build so far! The Atak zimmerit looks good....... I've only seen it in photos but I think it's one of the realistic zimmerit around.

Regards
Noel
 

Dragunov

Member
Noel Petroni wrote:
Hi Erik!

Nice kit and good build so far! The Atak zimmerit looks good....... I've only seen it in photos but I think it's one of the realistic zimmerit around.

Regards
Noel

Thanks Noel!

The ATAK zimmerit is great stuff, it looks good and is easy to work with!

A little bit of progress;

StugIVEarly12.jpg


StugIVEarly13.jpg


No on to the magic tracks :woohoo:

Thanks for looking,
Erik
 

G Cooper

Member
Hi Erik.

This is a great start to a real nice kit. And it is only going to get better. I was wondering if you were going to put any photo etch beyond the schurzen, or interior into the build?

Gary B)
 

Dragunov

Member
Thanks for the comments guys (y)

G Cooper wrote:
Hi Erik.

This is a great start to a real nice kit. And it is only going to get better. I was wondering if you were going to put any photo etch beyond the schurzen, or interior into the build?

Gary B)

I only will use the PE that comes with the kit, mayby some stuff from the spare box but that's all. I think the kit looks good OOB, and I have to watch my bank account B)

Cheers Erik
 

jknaus

Administrator
Neat. I was looking at buying one of these and changed my mind. Now I'll have to reconsider. Looking forward to more.
James
 

Dragunov

Member
Thanks James!

It is a very nice kit, even build OOB it only needs zimmerit and it will look nice! The schurtzen that come with the kit look real nice to.

Erik
 
Top