• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Borgward IV Ausf. A

B) Looks good Mike. (y) like the red brown on the yellow.

I got one of these too - nice little build.

There is a photo from the window of Kroll Opera or the Ministry building in Berlin looking across to the Reichstag, and there are a number of late model versions of these [with the rocket launchers] littered across the open ground from the final battle. :geek

Here's an early in Italy
TIGERBORG_zps48f23011.jpg

Ian.

Never heard of one of these! Neat little vehicle!

Nice job Mike, I like what you've done with the shackles!

Nice work on the shackles Mike and the camo pattern is well done also for this little guy. Shame they were designed to be blown up! :)

Shame they were designed to be blown up! :)

The Borgward was designed to drive up to a target, and drop the big box on the front containing the explosives and then back out and go back to safety, so just the box is blown up not the whole tank :)
Have one of these from Revell in my stash, damn i have to much going on already! i must be brave!! :facepalm
Nice job on the chackles and the paint is great (y)
//Mats

Just a pesky technical question but did they have eight reverse gears ? :rotf

Cool little vehicle . Looking forward to more updates :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Most of the basics on this build were done before my eye procedures, so to get back in the saddle, I decided to try to put them together.

I started by dry brushing the vehicle with Humbrol 121, the edges and details. This was followed up with filters by SIN, I used several different colors to get a faded look.

IMG_6756.JPG

The tracks were painted with Panzer Aces Tracks Primer and washed with AK Interactive's Track Wash. I dry brushed the pads with Panzer Aces Dark Rubber and added a mix of pigments to the track runs.

IMG_6754.JPG

I decided this vehicle will be a fairly new one, so there's just some dirt and crud on the hull.

IMG_6757.JPG

It was at this point my vision issues kicked in and I knocked over my bottle of pigment fixer. :facepalm

I took a break to collect myself and sop up the mess, came back later and installed the tracks without mishap.

IMG_6758.JPG

The driver's shields were installed and it's ready to pin wash and weather.

IMG_6765.JPG

Here's a shot of the muffler, waiting on more pigments.

IMG_6768.JPG

IMG_6769.JPG

IMG_6770.JPG

That's where it is tonight, hoping to get some bench time in tomorrow.

One_Eyed_Jacks_Saloon.jpg

:drinks

Nice work on the shackles Mike and the camo pattern is well done also for this little guy. Shame they were designed to be blown up! :)

Think you might have the 'Goliath' in mind Bill,...that's the one-time-use one. ;)

Goliath_Tracked_Mine-300x317.jpg

Looking forward to the next steps Mike! :popcorn

One eyed Jacks... :rotf

Greetings,Ron.

Hmm, guess what I found while moving some stuff around? Time to finish him up. :hmmm

Back