• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dr. John's Stugs

I got one on the way, just ordered from the Brothers of Sprue
http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/dml6488.htm

Looked like a pretty good deal. Also got side skirts, 1:35 LionRoar PE - STuG III Ausf G Skirt Armor #E35038 mus thave been the last one cause it's not listed on the website now.

I have my 1/48 Tammy III G ready to go, just waiting for some bench space. Unfortunately I lent out my StuG Vor! copy. :S

I was looking through my junk box and came across an Armorscale barrel for a Pz IV, but it's the same 75mm KwK 40 L/48 that the Stug has, are there any issues with it?

I think it's a mid brake and the kit is a mid G with Saurkopf.

Me too Mike, we're like a small part of a larger campaign.

My sons camped on the Gettysburg battlefield last year and found a regiment from Orange County that held off a huge assault. Sort of like us... :hmmm :evil:

I was looking through my junk box and came across an Armorscale barrel for a Pz IV, but it's the same 75mm KwK 40 L/48 that the Stug has, are there any issues with it?

You may need to check the gun's exposed length using scale plans since it is a model. The real deal had the same barrel, length, taper, twist, number of lands, etc.

I used the funds I saved for my StuG IV entry:
hd09210a.jpg

to buy a member's stash and help them out a bit. Since the kit I am after (Dragon's Late StuG IV Smart Kit) is based on other releases, I need to find out which of the hull and suspension sprues they used and take them from kits in my stash, at least get something dine until I buy the kit (and replaced the borrowed sprues).

Regards from another New Yorker,

Quick question for the good doctor....

Are you going to be doing SBSs or tutorials as you go or are we just all together on this?

Are you going to be doing SBSs or tutorials as you go?

OHboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy would that be great!

Quick question for the good doctor....

Are you going to be doing SBSs or tutorials as you go or are we just all together on this?

Was planning my typical SBS, thought the build maybe a bit boring as the kit is supa nice and really doesn't need too much! The real fun is gonna be paint and weather.

Back