• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dora 1/35

Great progress . Amazing how intricate this all is . (y)

You also have a tremendous amount of supporting images t help you along .

Keep up the good work . Cheers, Christian B)

Incredible work, you're a true master at picking out the detail and recreating it. Watching in awe :popcorn
James

Mike, thanks!

thanks Bob, Im close to finish with all the mods, work on the base and paint is close to begin

Bob you will need a heavy weapons permit to transport it! hahaha

Christian the Taube book is an excellent reference on Dora plus some images and videos I have found online,
it was something too complicated to operate and all this to fire about 50 shells! its crazy.

James, Luiz thanks, I love doing this detail work to make the model look closer to the real thing. I take pictures of the book and enlarge it on my tablet to look for the missing or badly made details.

Warren thanks!

Abdin

I have to agree with everyone else on what an excellent job you are doing with this project. I am amazed at the scratch built ammo carts. Great eye for detail.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Cheers,
James

Thanks Duke, did you did a dio or base for yours? Any photos of it? (y)

You're welcome. I didn't do a dio, but I did place it on a base for display. I even have a couple handles on the ends of the display base to pick it up!

Here are the shots of mine. Remember, it is in 1/72 scale, considerably smaller than the one you're building, but a monster in it's own right. This first pic is after the Ontario contest with two of the awards it took:

Ontario_First_and_Best_Armor_2015.jpg

You can see I placed a 1/72 scale soldier on the base to show the size reference.

This pic is a comparison shot next to the Atomic Annie cannon:

Annie_Dora_Contrast_III.jpg

That's all I have for now. I do have other pics I can upload, if you wish to see them.

Meanwhile, back to your regularly scheduled program....

Duke it looks great, you did an excellent work, even at this scale its still a monster. :notworthy :coolio want to see more please..

This is a picture I took while visiting Din "Fledermaus" at his home in Puerto Rico. It was taken in the month of May of this year (2018)
As you can see his project is still "chugging along" ... pun intended ... Great Job :notworthy

uf1Dx8h.png

Back