• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Don't no what to call this one.

Gremlin

This is a dio that I have been working on for some time. I cannot think of any thing to call this one. Not real good with names so can you give me some suggestions. There are going to be a lot more figures in winter camo, a couple of bike,s , swimwagon and I would like to fit in a 250-1 half track.
my_busy_dio_005_20091223_1307561110.jpg

my_busy_dio_008_20091224_1017279591.jpg

my_busy_dio_007_20091224_1512324501.jpg

my_busy_dio_002_20091223_1387803552.jpg

Adam

Adam,
Don't know what you are going to call it, but it looks like
it's coming along just nicely. Keep up the good work and keep
us posted.
Shawn

It looks real good so far. But the white on the corners looks a bit bright compared to the rest of the diorama so far.

As far as a title. How about "The Underpass" or "Out of the Underworld" :idonno

Gary B)

Very nice work so far Adam , ...........get it done and then you can call it finished .

What's in a name , call it Wally or Sam , no name is necessary , it's some fine work !!!

Thanks Shawn, Laura, Johnny, Gary, Glenn, Yago.
Johnny I like "meeting point Nietzschebrucke". I really like the German spelling. What would Laura's sugestion "Battle Preparations" and "advance to the front" look like in German. Thanks for the help guys and Girls.
Adam. B)

Looks mighty fine , I like Lauras "The Underpass" title and thought the same thing before I saw her suggestion :) .

Jenny :kiss:

"Low Bridge" came to me as I looked thru the pix, no matter what you call it, I call it "SWEET!" :peace

jenny croft wrote:
Looks mighty fine , I like Lauras "The Underpass" title and thought the same thing before I saw her suggestion :) .

When did I change my name to "Laura" :batt :hmmm :laugh:

? B)

G Cooper wrote:
jenny croft wrote:

When did I change my name to "Laura" :batt :hmmm :laugh:

? B)

Too much eggnog, Jenny? :eek:hmy:

Gremlin wrote:
Thanks Shawn, Laura, Johnny, Gary, Glenn, Yago.
Johnny I like "meeting point Nietzschebrucke". I really like the German spelling. What would Laura's sugestion "Battle Preparations" and "advance to the front" look like in German. Thanks for the help guys and Girls.
Adam. B)

Since I think I am the resident German here, here is some help with the translations.

Battle Preparations - Gefechtsvorbereitung
advance to the front - Vorstoss zur Front or "Vormarsch zur Front" with the second translation being the better options as it means more like "march to the front"

But what about " Where is the front, please?" which is in German " Wo bitte ist die Front?"

I hope it helps and the dio looks really nice.

Joe

Leopard2 wrote:
Since I think I am the resident German here, here is some help with the translations.

Well Laura our second in charge lives in Munich , along with Johnny and Ann Dioramix Winter , Sven Frisch and about another 20 as well are all Germans :laugh: :woohoo: but it is great that you add to the party :laugh: :woohoo: , As a matter of fact they are also as predominant as fair dinkum Aussies , Maltese , Dutch , Kiwis , English , Canadians and that little place under Canada :laugh: :woohoo: .

Little Place,under Canada? ahem, well it's referred to as the UNITED STATES of AMERICA. ;)

You know, land of the free, home of the brave, and all that.
Home of the United States Marine Corps, Uhh Raah! :woohoo:

No matter, refer to it as you will, I call it home. :laugh:

We are truly blessed in that technology allows us all to share. This bunch on this forum has presented some of the finest art work I have ever seen. Yes artwork, when you look at the skills exhibited by members from around our tiny little globe I for one cannot help but be humbled. I call it art.

Merry Christmas all and a Happy New Year!
It's off to work in a village somewhere in that little place under Canada!
BTW all you Aussies beware, the new Missus and I will be visiting Oz this time in 2010.

Oh and Gremlin, it reminds me of a traffic jam, I'd call it "Rush Hour" :blink

jenny croft wrote:
Leopard2 wrote:

Well Laura our second in charge lives in Munich , along with Johnny and Ann Dioramix Winter , Sven Frisch and about another 20 as well are all Germans :laugh: :woohoo:

i'm italian and proud of it! me ain't german! i just live here!

fahne93.gif

G Cooper wrote:
Die Letzten Atemzug?

Gary (not Laura) :p

DER letzte Atemzug!

:p

Laura (not Gary) B)

Back