• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DOLLAR'S VENTURA, Minicraft's PV-1 in 1/72

Wow, Dollar, blindingly fast. I would have bet against you. Congratulations on the nice finish.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi Greg, Outstanding paint and decal work (y) (y)

Is that paint enamel??? What did you thin it with? Looks very smooth!!

Glad I have some company finishing up today :D :D

Hope you feel better soon,

Randy

Hey thanks, Randy.
The paint i used is White Ensign Models "Colorcoats" They are a British company, imported here by MidTenn Hobbies. Yes they are enamel, and I used mineral spirits as a thinner. I over thinned it the first time I sprayed, and had to remix a little more paint in the cup. That helped a good deal. They are already thin so be careful I you try some. I'm going to try it un thinned the next time I use it which will be soon....

The stuff drys in about 6 hours and is satiny smooth and really seems to grab the plastic. When I masked off for the black on the leading edges I used Tamiya tape and 3M painters tape and it held up against both. I may start using it more often as their supplier is next day close when I order from them. Hope this helps.

Back