• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dave Harper Pacific Campaign Completion

Here is my finished 1/72 Dragon Wildcat. This was my first time using stretched sprue for an antenna wire. It was also my first time doing major cutting on a kit

IMG_2484.jpg

Nice finish Ryan, got you hooked up with your first Campaign Ribbon, congrats and thanks for sharing! :mpup

Thanks guys ! Krypto the aircraft was a reconnaissance aircraft initially but it was one of the few the Japanese had that had the speed and altitude capabilities to catch the B-29 so it was modified to a fighter configuration. Two 20mm cannons in the nose and a 37mm cannon firing upward. While these were flown by recon pilots with no experience in flying interceptions they none the less achieved some success in downing B-29's.

So it was sorta like the BF 110? Just flown by novices!

More akin to the de Havilland Mosquito although I am not sure what you mean by novices. Once the aircraft was built as an interceptor, the pilots were accordingly trained as these were new build aircraft assigned to fighter pilots. The reconnaissance pilots also racked many more hours than many other types simply due to the nature of their work (ballsy too since they often flew alone so you wouldn't be a novice for long).

Regards,

Im afraid ill have to blow out again on this particular campaign although I hate myself for doing that in the memory of the great man, Mr Dave Harper !

Back