• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dave Harper Pacific Campaign Completion

This is it, Hasegawa 1/48th scale F6F-3 Hellcat.

01.jpg

All the best! :drinks
Dusan.

Just to follow up, we'll have something for the ribbon shortly. Hopefully tomorrow. Just remember, you get what you pay for here! :mpup

OK Dusan, we have a ribbon for you. John, our graphics guy, has been very busy lately so I had to do the ribbon. You have no idea how many people had input on how to do this stuff, John always makes it look so easy.

dhpc_2011_ribbon.png

Here's the code for the ribbon
[hide]
Code:
[img]https://www.modelersalliance.com/images/badges/dhpc_2011_ribbon.png[/img]
[/hide]
I'll be glad to hook it up on your signature Dus, well deserved!

The Japanese Army Ha-Go, painted and weathered, straight from the box.

IMG_4491.JPG

IMG_4489.JPG

IMG_4485.JPG

Here's to Dave Harper! :drinks

Congratulations on your first, of what I am sure will be many, campaign ribbon!

Regards,

DONE!!!!

This is the 1/72 Kate that came with the Revel "pearl harbor Attack set' It came with a Resin 800kg bomb that I just couldnt get right!

I didn't use the resin bomb- I used the torpedo, I had to build a little guard for the rear over the prop and painted it brown to simulate wood. once again i have proved my absolute inability to use PE! lol

kate_done.JPG

kate_done_28229.JPG

I think i may have over weathered it! My first time using salt and chipping the paint by knocking it with an Xacto handle! That was easier than using the salt! lol

kate_done_28329.JPG

kate_done_28129.JPG

I still may do a tiny touch up in some places, i see part of the wire antenna didn't get fully painted- oh well. lol

OK-- not knowing where Dave's resources are or is there is a page I can refer to...but what color were USMC Shermans painted??

DONE!!!!

This is the 1/72 Kate that came with the Revel "pearl harbor Attack set' It came with a Resin 800kg bomb that I just couldnt get right!

I didn't use the resin bomb- I used the torpedo, I had to build a little guard for the rear over the prop and painted it brown to simulate wood. once again i have proved my absolute inability to use PE! lol

kate_done.JPG

kate_done_28229.JPG

I think i may have over weathered it! My first time using salt and chipping the paint by knocking it with an Xacto handle! That was easier than using the salt! lol

kate_done_28329.JPG

kate_done_28129.JPG

I still may do a tiny touch up in some places, i see part of the wire antenna didn't get fully painted- oh well. lol

I know I'm a bit late - sorry I missed it - great work there Krypto - I need to add one of these to the collection too. Cheers (y)

Forgot to add my finished build here...it's been done for months!!

1/144 Trumpy USS Gato
08-17-11_001.jpg

My USMC Sherman is pretty much done...just need to weather it along with the base and resin piece I am waiting for...

Back