• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Danish Recon Draken (1/48 Hasegawa)

Decals are complete. Homestretch now. I suspect I'll need to hit them with additional softener tomorrow, as they don't want to play to nice w/ the finely engraved panel lines. Aside from 1 formation light on the spine, they were pretty easy to work with though. Wingtip formation decals were trimmed down by 1 panel to match up w/ the panel lines on the wingtips.

51784723743_5500ec5eb4_c.jpg

"Into each Life, some rain must fall"
John Wayne.
She looks fast just sitting on the bench! Nice build so far! :vgood:

I think that is a 1/72 F-4 behind the Draaken, Saul. I saw one at McClellan a few years back and was amazed at how small and low to the ground it was. I think how low it sits gives maybe a slightly false impression of size. Just to keep myself honest I put together this comparison of side views. I lined them up so the nose cone tips are aligned, not the pitot tubes.

SAAB35F4E1.jpg

I agree. Having seen a RF-4C in person, they aren't quite as big as one would imagine. The same is true of the F-14 Tomcat and the Emcon T-65 X-wing fighter. NO Kiddin'!!

One step forward, another step back. Had to snap off the MLG as they were grossly misaligned (in twist) once I fit up the wheels. Drilled and pinned, they are now ready for re-installation after the bags dry. I need the tanks fitted to ensure I leave enough room between the gear. I ended up having to work this weekend, so I lost a lot of free time I was hoping to have. Should have it done today/tonight anyways.

She is done(ish). I did misplace the resin ECM box which has the nose bits for the transit pods, so once that turns up I'll paint and throw those on. Thank you to those that followed. Sorry to disappoint.
:P

Apologies for the poor pictures. Bad lighting doesn't do the old iPhone any favors.

Looks great from here. What's the problem?
Some dust/residue inside the canopy. Finish isn't as smooth as I would've liked. Decals are a bit thick and didn't "disappear" like I'm used to. Just kinda left feeling it's not one of my better efforts. Oh well, it what it is. I've got another one (Swedish F/J) in the stash I can try to improve on at a latter date. Will probably try to find some AM decals for it though after this go around. It's still a unique addition to the lineup.

I'm my own worst critic. :bang head

Last edited:
Some dust/residue inside the canopy. Finish isn't as smooth as I would've liked. Decals are a bit thick and didn't "disappear" like I'm used to. Just kinda left feeling it's not one of my better efforts. Oh well, it what it is. I've got another one (Swedish F/J) in the stash I can try to improve on at a latter date. Will probably try to find some AM decals for it though after this go around. It's still a unique addition to the lineup.

I'm my own worst critic. :bang head
Hey, you're closer to finishing than I am on started kits.

Regards,

Back