• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cyber Hobby 1/48 Bf 110 D Nachtjager (re-do)

Paulw

Since Linda has been feeling in good spirits she has started back to work this week past. Whit this excellent news I am back at the bench again for how long I have no idea. Since my stash is limited I had quite a bunch of ideas as what to do. I finally decided to get into my shelf queens again and see what was what. In this instance I decided to get the Cyber Hobby Bf 110 that I started and had a real bad issue with. I also have their C model so I figured I could do a bit of a kit bash.

I didn't really damage the fuselage much and I sanded some on that and went to where I had the problem. To make a ling story short I used the incorrect parts even though they fit the nacelles they did not fit the wing. I built another engine and added the exhaust shroud panels. So far so good and tomorrow Ill get on the port wing assembly and see if I have things correct.

hc581c89.JPG

h81d7ccf.JPG

h4626195.JPG

hf5e3a5a.JPG

hb65292c.JPG

:facepalm :facepalm I can't believe this! This kit must hate me. The same issue with the C as there was with the D-3. This nacelle to lower wing fit is horrendous. I think I will just go with my Tamiya 219 because I know that kit will work. Maybe I'll try an Eduard G-4 next time.

Glad to hear Linda is doing better Paul! I am pretty much swearing off Italieri kits because I find they are just crap too. I guess the trick is to find which companies make kits that you like and can be happy building.

I am done having my tantrum and after looking through a lot of different reviews of the 110 kit in both 32 and 48 I found out that the sprue that has the parts in question is numbered wrong. :smack
I feel like such a fool but at least I did get it mostly repaired and maybe if I dont have any more fit issues I think I will be OK.

hfb0f2bc.JPG

h26b1719.JPG

While I was being juvenile I started the He 219 hoping that I can get rid of some frustration and that is when I figured out the 110 problem. Now I have two kits on the desk now and am about as far with one as I am with the other, go figure :idonno

h4a12c63.JPG

Now I have a desk full of mess but its OK, I'm a big boy now...

Sorry that Linda had some health issues but it sounds like she is doing better now.

Hope you can correct the problem with the nacelle parts with no bad effects.

Matrixone

I appreciate all of the kind comments about Linda's health, thank you.

As it stands now everything looks as if will turn out well, so much in fact I see no reason why, other than money, I can go with the 32 D-3. The fuse slid together with out much problem and the wings are being finished this week some time. After I figured out the difficulty with the parts and was able to correct them I started to enjoy building this kit.

h4925824.JPG

hdc0c8e8.JPG

h3070300.JPG

hb4b90ad.JPG

Back