• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cyber-Hobby 1/200 YB-49 Flying Wing

Viper_MP

Well, I have some strange fascination with these flying wings. I have several XB-35s and YB-49s in 1/72, and then this little gem. So, here I go. Lets see if I can finish it in a month. The hard part will be getting a nice metal finish in that time.

DSCN5852_zps1a315509.jpg

Try the new Tamiya TS-83 rattle can. Its not cheap but its better than alclad in my opinion and gives a great metal finish in small scale. check on line for usage as there are no instructions with it. Best with a gloss black base though.
If you feel adventurous try clear colours over the top ( not on a flying wing :)

http://meganekun88.wordpress.com/2012/02/19/w-i-p-mg-1100-sinanju-titanium-finish/

Paddy, I'll have to look into it. I've done some great finishes with Alclad and Floquil before. Lately, I've found a new love for Testors Chrome Silver. Just not sure which would be best though.

Have you tried Humbrols Metalisers yet. Theyr bright aluminium sprays FANTASTIC and has the finest metal pieces I have seen yet. (Not that I have a large selection of paints)

Have you tried Humbrols Metalisers yet. Theyr bright aluminium sprays FANTASTIC and has the finest metal pieces I have seen yet. (Not that I have a large selection of paints)

I do have some of their OLD metalizers. Specifically the Polished Steel. Which I love, but its just the wrong color.

I have so far only for handpainting mixed some together. Polished Aluminium and Gunmetal can look like Titanium. Polished Aluminium and steel can look like Stainless steel. The only one that seems to have bigger metal flakes is the flat Aluminium one.

Back