• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Custom '61 Ford galaxie Stylized Kit AMT 3 in 1

I didn't say anything about spot putty or glazing compound, I said two part polyester filler, they are not the same. The spot putty gets used after the filler to smooth out any scratches or pits. A good flexible sgueegee helps spread that stuff where you want it, that will result in much less sanding and dust. I guess I should mention a dust mask would be a good idea too. Best wishes, you're gonnna need it.

Ok I mis-understood ... are you talking Milli-put ? ... I've never used that but I've watched you guys use it or maybe on the other forum ... :hmmm

Ok Mike I found what your talking about ... I'll get it on order ... Meanwhile to the sanding I go ...

Ok lastly We just put on more foundation Material ... :woohoo:

h2b18a70_2015-09-16.JPG

had1d204_2015-09-16.JPG

Not a purdy Sight ... :eek:hmy: :stinker :woohoo:

h51f2246.JPG

h293c1e0.JPG

After a little shaping .... She's looking better ... :good:

h0c8df65.JPG

I really like the Back it's ready for glazing ... I must draw the lower trunk line ...

hf635801.JPG

h844156a.JPG

h789c84b.JPG

After some more shaping on front it's really looking good ... I have to do some work getting the two grill openings the same ... That's next .... :drinks

C&C welcome .... C-ya down the road ...

Thanks Randy ... The motor setup is on the Christine build ... I'll have to admit that while the concept of stacked 4Bbls could be possible ... I have never seen or heard of it before .... I'll figure it out if I have to call AMT.

On the body work it is fun ... but I'll have to start using the opti-visors as my magnifying light has very cheap optics ... the beauty of this kit is it is made like your a stylist in Detroit ... only on smaller scale ... lots of different items to steer your creation .... but then it's nothing compared to your brass objects de art ... (y)

Back