• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Couple Shelf Queens

Jeeves

Working on getting these babies out of here....figured I'd give them their own thread.

First up is the Revell Sopwith Camel...I have no idea how they expect one to do rigging after completion like they say to do in the directions...still trying to figure that chiz out...
005~83.jpg

007~68.jpg

006~77.jpg

And lastly is Meng's 1/72 Mansyu Ki-98 that Saúl gave me with the Valentine I purchased a ways back-- tried to get my son interested in building with it...still need to work on him...but here is where I am at with it--
008~55.jpg

009~46.jpg

Just need to add the canopy and prop hub. I lost the pitot tube getting it detached-- it went flying to parts unknown... :(

Looks good Mike. At this point with the rigging on the Camel I think I would do some sort of wire or PE. threading turnbuckles inside the wings would be a nightmare unless you got some 1:35 crew waiting to go to work.

Thanks guys!

Paul- what's the foam rubber for? :hmmm

Luiz-- thank you...its Bob Letterman's method that I've used-- really like the effects...as I get close to finishing and am sure the oils have fully dried, I might add some Future to give it that shine that these props are known for...

Yes very nice job on the wood works ... Looks very good ... I have a 1/28 Camel on my self of shame ... from Revell of Germany ... too many pin marks ... it was going to be my 1st rigging job .... Still :vmad @ ROG ... :woohoo: (y)

Back