• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Correct color for this item M109 Doher

iambrb

Hay I thunked I had posted this already? Could not find so here it is:

What is the correct color of the circled item?

Attachments

• IMG_7381.jpeg
    IMG_7381.jpeg
    765.4 KB · Views: 7
Is that the main gun cleaning rods? I don't know about this vehicle, but most of this kind of thing is painted with camouflage and or base color which would wear off. If I am right about them being the rods to clean the main gun, handling would wear the paint off. Whatever they are made of is the color. I could be wrong and posted something that doesn't answer your question. Actually, I could be right and still didn't answer your question.

They look like the main gun cleaning rods. From pictures I've seen of the Paladin they are painted olive drab and I'm sure that wears away to scuffed wood. Looking at one poor pic of the Doher it could be they are the vehicle colour. I've seen one build and the builder painted them black.
James

Thanks all! I have base coated them brown and am going to follow up with olive drab to give them the appearance of wear.

Back