• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cool Air Flyer - 1/48 Scale

Mcleod

It was that creepy looking ribbon that lured me in. Who can resist.

hd151b6f.JPG

Model Cellar 1/48th WWI German pilot. Going to build him to stand in front of Gavia's Pfalz E.I, which also has to be built.
I don't usually use figures, and this will be my first purposeful effort. We'll just have to see how it all turns out. :gogo

Actually, this is my first dedicated figure attempt.
I put him together for the most part, primed, and then base-coated the body with Khaki Drill enamel. I used Khaki after reading somewhere the German flyers were fond of wearing allied suits due to their quality.

I'm still considering just how I should approach the head. Perhaps I'll basecoat it helmet leather color, and then try to pick out the other colors with brush. Not quite sure. :unsure:

h1252003.JPG

Actually, this is my first dedicated figure attempt.
I put him together for the most part, primed, and then base-coated the body with Khaki Drill enamel. I used Khaki after reading somewhere the German flyers were fond of wearing allied suits due to their quality.

I'm still considering just how I should approach the head. Perhaps I'll basecoat it helmet leather color, and then try to pick out the other colors with brush. Not quite sure. :unsure:

h1252003.JPG

I like that mug, that "Can Do" attitude just dripping off the lower lip. Looking good so far. :popcorn

Main colors are on.
All Humbrol enamels: leathers are various mixes of Humbrol 62; also used khaki drill, gold, and a lightened and less pink mix of Humbrol flesh. Scarf is slate grey.

h7c3ba81.JPG

h43d2d2e.JPG

hb5decba.JPG

This is my first figure, however, I do have limited excitement that I can add some life with careful washes, high-lighting, and pure, unadulterated luck. :D

Nice, Oh wow, I missed this is 1:48 scale, nice job painting so far Mac and even better photography. (y)

Thanks for noticing, guys.

I know this photo looks similar to the others, but, it does show how I tried to straighten out the primary colors. I'm satisfied now, and will leave it cure for a week while I try to come up with a plan for the next step.

h322ba19.JPG

I tried to take the best photo I could with natural light :D

I realize that the same type of pics get boring; just wanted to show my wash and touch-up progress. This is about the outside limit of my current artistic capacity, and I fear attempting any more color will head this fellow into the bin.

h7e9afe5.JPG

h01699dd.JPG

h30fc69d.JPG

Now, its question period? Should I protect his color coats with Testors DullCote at this point?

Thanks for the kind replies, guy's.

Actually, I threw on a little artist's oils. Not washes, but, in dry brush style. This was done three days ago, without a protective coat on the enamels. Going to give the oil the rest of the weekend to cure.

Then I'll attach the head, and brush on light coats of Dull Coat and Future as required. That will be the end. No base yet. :D

Looking good Mac. You going to get in with some more detail with the face or just go as is. Shading look great. :popcorn.

You going to get in with some more detail with the face or just go as is.

Hi, Moon. Actually, I'm not sure I can make any more mess of the face.
When you get in close, it looks like pizza:

h0f35224.JPG

h211b83f.JPG

However, if you observe the two foot rule, it don't look to bad:

h46d02dd.JPG

For my first figure, I'm not unhappy. Just don't know what else I can do :unsure:

Back