• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Completed Builds Thread

Agusta Bell AB212
30 Gruppo, 'Pegaso' Squadroni
Italian Army
Catania
Mid 1980's

Kit - Italeri 1:48
Paint - All Tamiya acrylics
Decals - Kit
Extras - 'Home-made' set belts and buckles for pilot & co-pilot

h50e34cb.JPG

haf2e462.JPG

h14b4ddc.JPG

he303fba.JPG

h79e01d7.JPG

h608e6af.JPG

hfea0bf0.JPG

hcdb0990.JPG

h50d5075.JPG

Ian.

Brilliant work on this Ian. I know I'm late to the party too. I'm so late I had forgotten to upload and post my finished model here myself.

Okay, here is the finished model I forgot to post:

Kit: PST 1/72 scale
Paint: Testor's enamels and Wal-Mart 96-cent rattle can red.
Decals: none came in the kit.
Extras: Added acetate for the windows and windshield.

Russian_Zil_5_Studebaker_cab_Fire_Truck_I.jpg

Russian_Zil_5_Studebaker_cab_Fire_Truck_iI.jpg

Now I can get my badge for this.

It ain't museum or contest quality, but I'm pleased with it. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Kit - Airfix 1:48
Paint - All enamels.
Decals - Xtradecal 48157.
Extras - Eduard etch seat harness.

Boulton Paul Defiant ASR Mk.I
277 Squadron
Stapleford Tawney
Summer 1942

h9655f51.JPG

ha36e0f3.JPG

haf84ec8.JPG

he2faf2e.JPG

hb236e50.JPG

hd15407c.JPG

hae5a3c7.JPG

h6839eac.JPG

Not simply a 'great Airfix kit', in my opinion, one of the best fitting and rewarding kits of any manufacturer that I've built in years. No I'm not one of those folks that screamed and shouted for a 48th Defiant in the past, to tell the truth I don't really care about the 'type'. However, as a 'kit' it was/is fabulous.

Built straight from the box with only the very old generic 'RAF Seatbelts' etch set from Eduard. If you haven't built one and are planning to do so, I'd strongly advise you get the Eduard masking set - I didn't realise until I started applying the masks that there's another row of tiny windows between the main vertical and topside ones on the sliding part of the canopy !!

ha268e3c.JPG

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment. All criticism, comment and questions welcomed.

AFN

Ian.

Back