• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

COMET EMPIRE MISSILE SHIP "GET YOUR PAINT ON"

COMET EMPIRE MISSILE SHIP "ARMING THE BEAST"

Progress today with plenty of bench time because it was way too cold to go outside. Construction was completed and painting has begun. Started by painting the whole thing flat black. Then the nose section was painted white. The main hull painting runs for darker green moving progressive lighter shades highlighting curtain with even light shades of green. A oil wash of olive green and yellow was applied. When the wash is dry a dry brush of sky green and white finished up today's work. Here are some pictures of the progress. Thanks for looking.

Terry B)

DSC00850.JPG

DSC00851.JPG

DSC00852.JPG

DSC00853.JPG

DSC00854.JPG

DSC00855.JPG

DSC00856.JPG

DSC00857.JPG

DSC00860.JPG

DSC00861.JPG

DSC00862.JPG

COMET EMPIRE MISSILE SHIP "ARMING THE BEAST"

Progress today with plenty of bench time because it was way too cold to go outside. Construction was completed and painting has begun. Started by painting the whole thing flat black. Then the nose section was painted white. The main hull painting runs for darker green moving progressive lighter shades highlighting curtain with even light shades of green. A oil wash of olive green and yellow was applied. When the wash is dry a dry brush of sky green and white finished up today's work. Here are some pictures of the progress. Thanks for looking.

Terry B)

DSC00850.JPG

DSC00851.JPG

DSC00852.JPG

DSC00853.JPG

DSC00854.JPG

DSC00855.JPG

DSC00856.JPG

DSC00857.JPG

DSC00860.JPG

DSC00861.JPG

DSC00862.JPG

Funny what the white does to black in those two photos.

:popcorn

1982 - I was in 8th grade for the second time... :blush:
I used to run home from school at 2pm to catch Star Blazers at 3pm. My Photography Club teacher was mad at me because we normally did all our learning after school. But hey, it was Star Blazers and that was all that mattered.

awesome job!

1982 - I was in 8th grade for the second time... :blush:
I used to run home from school at 2pm to catch Star Blazers at 3pm. My Photography Club teacher was mad at me because we normally did all our learning after school. But hey, it was Star Blazers and that was all that mattered.

awesome job!

Thanks!

:D

Back