• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Colonel Klink's Messaschnitzel

B

bwiber

page_1_20100410_1393392270.jpg

The aircraft being modeled is the weekend mount of Colonel Klink of Luft Stalag 13 fame. He flys it on weekends to burn off some of the stress of dealing with Hogan all week. The title on the image refers to his habit of riding the coin operated aircraft found out in front of the local Blitz-Kaufer.....

The standard Messaschnitzel modified with a brass wing spar and new landing gear legs to allow it to be posed as if taking off. As you can see it stands on its main gear and surprisingly is extremely stable.

I have modified the pilot (added a monocle), printed a new instrument panel, modified the nose to show the E versions drop at the end, added the radio access door, a new tail wheel (that banana had to go - used tank return rollers) and a new air scoop....

First aircraft in a while.....

Bob

It is kept in the Emergency Beer Locker which is on the rear bulkhead behind the pilots head.... I know this because I am the guy that put the Emergency Beer Locker in that location.... you never know when a couple of beers will be needed to relax you enough to land.... or to bounce... which ever....

Bob :)

Riesling was for the navy..... need a good solid beer to fly with.... enough and you don't need the airplane.... :S

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :eek:hmy: A short little fat plane :eek:hmy: Everyone get your shortl little fat guns and fire !!!!! :pp :pp :pp :pp

This is pretty cute :batt

Jenny :kiss:

I can feel Moon Puppies pain..... but the truth is that I to build mud crawlers usually. :)

laying_zee_carpet_20100411_1982033942.jpg

It's back!!!! :woohoo:

Just wearing primer and testing it with the basic groundwork in place on the plaque. I will go over the groundwork and include some clumps of taller grasses in places. However, I would think that they would keep the grass pretty short if they were using it for an airstrip, or soccer field, something.....

Yes, I know it is kind of off to one corner, but I do have some ideas for the other areas that will turn up later if they work out.... :blink

Later, Bob

Had actually thought of a POW lifting a panel right in the path of it.... but no.... :(

My wife has a thing about bunnies, and even before I knew about TnT I had planned on putting a rabbit with very large eyes right in the path of the prop......... :huh:

I might have to give the rabbit pinkish-purple ears in honor of our Fearless Leader..... :woohoo:

Bob

finished_1_20100501_1125714780.jpg

Dedicated to Moon Puppy..... the True Story of How Jenny's Uncle "Short Ears" got his name... :blink

finished_2_20100501_1419191173.jpg

Colonel Klink is off for a relaxing weekend flight in his personal aircraft the "Hogan Jager". Marked with appropriate coding and using barbed wire antenna lead he is off to cruise the skies and forget all the troubles Hogan has put him through over the last week. :S

This is a momentous occasion......... I finished on in under a year!!! :woohoo: (Actually, under 2 months!!)

Bob

Well done Bob! Only problem I see is not enough pictures. This is funny, I really like this.

Red S -13, may be inspiration for a WIF 109 build

Back