• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Close combat in the desert

Thanks Dave :)
Build evening at the local modelclub tonight, got some more painting done and i see a chance to finnish :coolio
Here comes the pics :soldier
P1090582.JPG

Added a fueldrum in the center, for the guy to have something to jump on when kick the jerry in the ....
P1090583.JPG

P1090584.JPG

P1090585.JPG

P1090586.JPG

P1090587.JPG

Gonna focus on this one now to make it before the end of the month! :java
//Mats

Great looking scene,Mats!

Can almost hear the screams and the gun fire from this one! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Worked a little on the ground today, sprinkled some sand and small stones, and then soaked it in dilluted white glue.
Here is the glue not dry yet.

P1090623.JPG

P1090624.JPG

And here it's dry, also added and painted the rifles of the brittish soldiers (managed to break of the bayonett on one of them :bang head )

P1090629.JPG

P1090630.JPG

P1090635.JPG

Going to be a light spray over the sand to give it some colour later.
:soldier
//Mats

I like it a lot! (y) Just be careful of what you're going to spray on that sand, as it already looks good to me - at least on my PC screen! :coolio Way to go bagge: that dio is looking GREAT!!! :eek:hyeah

Cheers and good luck - looks like you're gonna make the deadline! :dude
Fernao

Thanks guys! :) yeah i hope i make the deadline, this week has been busy so far and no benchtime :(
I hope the rest of the week is calmer.
//Mats

Played in the sand today :D tried to use some pigments to give a little variation on the colour, what you think of it?

P1090637.JPG

P1090639.JPG

Here it is when i put the pigment fixer on, and here you also see what pigments i used.

P1090641.JPG

And i also added a gun strap to the "kicker" :blink
(not painted yet)
P1090643.JPG

Ok that's it for today
//Mats

Thanks Terry :) Will give that barrel some weatherbeaten look to :hmmm
Thats for tomorrow now it's sleeping time! :Hiay
//Mats

That crotch shot still makes me squent and say "OUCH"

Now I can see the footprints Mats. If you going to weather the barrel you have to weather the hell out of the woodstock also. Or it could just have been a new issue rifle.

Will do that Dave :) and i forgot one thing....... the sweat! must make the soldiers sweat a little bit (discolouring the uniforms)
//Mats

Got some more done today :coolio
Here you see me in action :blink
P1090650.JPG

And here is the result, weapons weathered and oildrum rusted up (maybe to much?) and slings on the rifles

P1090656.JPG

P1090657.JPG

P1090658.JPG

Just the rifle for the "kicked" german left now and some very small details, i see the light in the tunnel! (just hope it's not a train! :unsure: ).
//Mats

Back