• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chesapeake Model Designs

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
In doing some research for parts, I came across Chesapeake Model Designs. Has anyone done business with them? It appears they don't accept PayPal, I called them to inquire and got a recorder. Given my recent lack of success with mail order, I'm being cautious. Thanks in advance!!

Well he was at AMPS, and I have done business with him years ago, Bill is a pretty straight forward guy.

?I trust Bill Miley. He has a day job. He doesn't trust the Internet and note that his web site is not updated. However, his products are top notch. Tell him I sent you, he may then jack up the price!
:pp

Regards,

OK, that is making a little more sense. Jack up the price? :S I think I just got my other deal resolved, being a little "gun" shy this time around.

From what I understand,Paypal charges the seller a fee for every transaction. Bill may just not to pay the fee,. I have ordered from him in the past without any problems.

Ahh, the answer lies with the fact that Paypal doesn't share my credit card numbers. So he who takes Paypal gets my order!

Ahh, the answer lies with the fact that Paypal doesn't share my credit card numbers. So he who takes Paypal gets my order!

What are you trying to order from him? If time is not of the essence for you to get the products,maybe send him a money order?

Money orders cost ME money. The idea to good business is making it easy for the customer, there's plenty of places to shop.

I"m with Mike on this. Paypal rocks. They have your back on all transactions and the fee is easily factored in to the cost of the goods sold. For merchants it should be about the same as accepting credit cards. it's the cost of doing business.

Back