• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Charlie Don't Surf Redux

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
First I'd like to thank Vladi for sponsoring this build. I don't envy your hard decision as there are many great models to chose from.

This was a very inspiring group build/campaign, especially since I had taken such a long break from modeling prior to this build. Since I pretty much model only Vietnam era subjects, this was a great re-entry into the hobby. There were a lot of really good models that were a part of all of this. I really enjoyed being able to see many of these projects in progress. This allowed me to learn some new modeling techniques while at the same time having fun working on my figures. Although I only completed two single figure displays, at least I was able to start on two more dioramas. If it weren't for some military matters such as my upcoming Afghanistan deployment taking away much of my modeling time once I started to really get into it, I may have been able to submit more to this build.

I look forward to similar builds in the future.

I think everyone who participated did an outstanding job and I hope alot of fun was had by all.

Cheers,
James O'Leary

I"m going to bypass protocol and go ahead and schedule our Charlie Don't Surf Redux for a January start.

James O'Leary has been draf...volunteered to be our Campaign Advisor for this and we want to make sure we have time before he's deployed next year.

So who else is in for Charlie Don't Surf Redux?

I'm in with F4C Wild Weasel! :pilot

I think that is a great idea!!! Don't what I will do yet, but I'm sure there's something.

(y)

Well, anybody need a lift?

HUEY in the way boy!!! I think 2 models will be!!! :woohoo:

And and a Kennedy Boat...
well I could do a good contribution, this time!

Well, I could be convinced to join this one since I missed out on the last one. Put me down tentatively for a NVA T-34.

Joe

I'm missing something- by the name I'm guessing this has to do with any vehicle in Apocalypse Now?

Because the name 'Charley don't surf' just seems to specific for general Vietnam equipment.

Nope just a line from the movie. Any Vietnam war subject is allowed. Even French involvment in the 50's.

B)

I'm in! I'm in! I'm in!!!!!!

I have no idea what I am doing yet....but I want in!

Oh crud...I was supposed to ask first...can I get in?

I guess there's a certain somebody who wants me in on this one, he's a fiend! :evil:

I look forward to this "Redux". Hopefully between training events I can get a few figures or even a diorama completed for this.
This will be a good opportunity for those who were not able to complete projects for the first build to be able to finish them.

With some of the new kits that will be released over the next year, there will be plenty of new stuff to choose from.

I look forward to being a part of this build.

Cheers,
James

Back