• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Centurion Sho'T

Dear AFV Club.

I will be forever grateful that you do a Centurion series in 1/35. :) But I have to say the following............. The poly caps you make for the road wheels and idler wheels SUCK!!!!!!!! :bang head

cent9_zpszxqemnci.jpg

cent10_zpsyoi1edbb.jpg

I never understand why polycaps are used on a static model.

Looking good Chad :popcorn

Thanks Bob. :) I like the road wheels,etc to rotate,as it is easier to paint them. These poly caps fit real snug over the nubs and inner road wheels. But they are too wide to fit into the holes on the insides of the outer road wheels and outer idler wheels. Never will understand why AFV Club never bothered to fix that. :idonno

Thanks Bob. :) I like the road wheels,etc to rotate,as it is easier to paint them. These poly caps fit real snug over the nubs and inner road wheels. But they are too wide to fit into the holes on the insides of the outer road wheels and outer idler wheels. Never will understand why AFV Club never bothered to fix that. :idonno

AFV Club could use hidden poly caps that go BETWEEN tthe road wheels. The cap would fit inside the inner roadwheel and be held there by scementing theouter roadwheel to the inner one. That'd make things much neater looking and remode any possibility of a gap between the poly cap and the wheel hub.

Cheers from Peter

AFV Club could use hidden poly caps that go BETWEEN tthe road wheels. The cap would fit inside the inner roadwheel and be held there by scementing theouter roadwheel to the inner one. That'd make things much neater looking and remode any possibility of a gap between the poly cap and the wheel hub.

Cheers from Peter
They are hidden Peter. But they k make them too wide for some reason. I took each poly cap,put it on a 3/32 inch drill bit,then trimmed the outside of the poly cap so it would fit inside the hole. Once that was done,then the outer road wheel was glued on.

She is getting there.

cent11_zpsid9w5v1g.jpg

cent12_zps1hh9lh5y.jpg

cent13_zpsnaw6qpgk.jpg

cent14_zps8beac0x2.jpg

Now for the part that stumps me. As you can see,the number 3 is on some sort of cloth. However,the decals are not set up on a cloth. I am not sure what to use for the cloth.

She is getting there.

Now for the part that stumps me. As you can see,the number 3 is on some sort of cloth. However,the decals are not set up on a cloth. I am not sure what to use for the cloth.

A number 3? Cloth? Decals? I don't follow you. Are you saying there is supposed to be number 3 somewhere on the tank possibly painted onto a piece of cloth? If so, then it sounds like a recognition sign. For cloth thin lead foil such as found on wine bottles works well because it'll take a decal too.

Cheers from Peter

Possibly my favourite ever AFV, and I still haven't built the AFV Club kit... This is looking fine, Chad. Following closely.

Ian.

Lost me on the cloth thing but if you want to simulate some textile use one of the eyeglass wipes you can get, the dry ones, soak it in white glue and water mixture, wring it out then shape it the way you want. Once it's dry it's done, then you can paint it.

Back