• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Capt. Freddie Ohr - P-51D 'Marie' **DONE**

Capt. Freddie Ohr - P-51D 'Marie'

Under the masking, Dave, they'll be back later.

Ian.

Looking great man! Hey, if that primer works, go for it! After all, "maximum utilization of available resources" is a great motto to have.

Main painting done, still need to paint the anti-glare panel:

h124858a.jpg

hc0d48d1.jpg

h66f48a3.jpg

...alongside the anti-glare panel I'll weather the wheel bay next, just highlights and a wash. As ever thanks for taking the time to look and / or comment.

AFN

Ian.

Wow, what a pristine finish! All I can do is sit here and wonder why I can't do such brilliant work. You truly know what you are doing.

PLW with a cocktail of 'Flory washes', and main decals done:

ha9b1821.jpg

h92e95d9.jpg

h8e31eac.jpg

Next, I'll put all the stencils and other 'generic' markings on. Have a great weekend everyone.

Ian.

Last pics before final assembly and 'final reveal' photo's.

All stencils added, exhaust plume using Tamiya 'Smoke' and cordite stains with Mig pigment. Overall coat of Humbrol 'Satin Cote' (sic) to seal it all in.

h94b8841.jpg

h6e3e5bb.jpg

hb684556.jpg

Will leave it all now until tomorrow so the varnish coat fully dries, then a simple matter of gluing all the 'sticky-out' bits on and the main canopy. Thanks all for following along with this one, next pics will be the last for this one so stay tuned.

Ian.

...and we're done !

ExSIRNd.jpg

Such an effortless build, not me being boastful, just a nod to the engineering of this kit, simple as that. Thanks folks for following & commenting along the way and as ever, all criticism, questions and comments welcomed. More pics in the 'Completed Builds' thread.

AFN, time to get ready for the 'Nationals.

Ian.

Back