• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Canopy colors

Lownslow

You guys are rubbing off on me. I’ve started a 1/72 F6F-5N Hellcat by Dragon. I assume the inside of the canopy frame is interior color. can I get this effect by painting the interior color first and then the outside color over it? Also I’m using bare metal foil as a mask. Has anyone else used it? Thanks in advance.
BDC895F4-10D5-4097-AA9E-0672EA9AF872.jpeg

Bare Metal Foil works great as a mask.....I got that tip from Terry. And painting the interior color first for the frames is my cheat.

I can't be bothered to try masking the inside.....even if I were to do an open canopy. My patience only goes so far. :lol:

Yes, that should work fine. Some people go through the pain of masking the inside and painting.

I only tried using bare metal foil once. Left it on too long and it ended up being a pain to take off (about 1 yr)

Thanks for the input. Big Don from the local club gave out surgical #11 blades last Christmas now that’s the only thing I’ll use on BMF

Back