• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Can someone help......

tomwes

identify these kits? Bought these at a thrift store, I have never seen them before. Hopefully someone can tell me how old they are, if they are worth anything, etc. Molding looks to be very good, can't find any copyright as to year made or any other hints about these.

024.jpg

025.jpg

031.jpg

026.jpg

029.jpg

032.jpg

One of the kits came with 2 sets of Pactra paints also. Any help would be appreciated!

Tom

They both came out in the 70's.
The M-26 became a collectors kit for a while fetching top dollar on EvilBay until Tamiya released their kit of it. Now it's good for keeping around for that old time feeling, as it needs a lot of work to bring it anywhere near Tamiyas offering.

The other kit also hales from the 70's, was later released by Italeri, and Airfix.
You can usually find them at shows running between 10 to 20 dollars.

If you ever get a chance to get the Shep Paine books he has a big diorama with the M26 from them but it needed a huge amount of work .

Jenny :kiss:

Thank you for your help, I bought a total of 9 kits for $5.99 including a few old motorized Tamiya kits.

Tom

I had that kit when I was a kid (should be some idea how old it is), IIRC, bunches of moving parts like the gangplanks that drop over the rear wheelboggies on the trailer. Don't think I ever got the motor working for some reason. I think it succumbed to a massive aerial attack of firecrackers from a flight of B17s and Greg Boyington's Corsair.

Peerless Max used to be a pretty good company. My favourite kit by them was the Bedford with 6 pounder. Its been reboxed by Italieri. One of the cool thinks about the Bedford was the conversion possibilities.
James

Back