• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Call us the twins - Hasegawa 1/48 Ju87-G2

Hi Phil Can you get Gunze paints over there ? That's what I used until I discovered Future.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thankyou all!

7c575c99.jpg

Christian I use these acrylics - Gunze company? it's a bit confusing!

The one on the right is what was labelled when I first discovered these acrylics, the lefthand one is what they are labelled now, same place of manufacture, etc.

Mr Hobby seems to have bought out GSI Creos Corporation as this does not show on the new Mr Hobby label, but Aqueous does

Since using these acrylics I have never the problems until that very humid day, so will know when not to spray!

Those pics are indoor under a energy saving fluro globe - and camera was set on slow rear sync flash, unfortunately I forgot
to set the white balance to cloudy - which gives a truer colour in that setup.

The last Stuka pic is about the closest for true colour.

Flat cote on successful this morning - glorious sunshine! so will have this one up soon.

Well, they have made that very confusing. Here's what I believe to be correct. If someone knows better , please correct me.
As far as I'm able to tell, as long as the word aqueous is indicated on the label it's supposed to be able to be diluted with water just like the Tamiya paints. Truth be know though they work much better when diluted with the Tamiya x20a , 92% isopropyl alcohol or tamiya/Gunze lacquer thinners.
The future can also be thinned with alcohol or X20A .

I have recently purchased some Vallejo gloss but have not tested it yet so I can't comment on it. I can say though that I really like all their paint and they thin good with just water.

Hoped that helped with the Gunze situation. The Aqueous are fabulous.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thu Jan 19, 2012 - Wed Mar 21,2012
Well what a build! intense Pe, horrid resin, but general fit very nice, although the last canopy piece, the sliding pilot item, does not fit well over the fixed centre piece.
(It needs re gluing down as the white glue has let go)
The Pe aerial is too fragile and soft to do a taught wire, the kit one would of been a better choice

Here is my rendition of Rudel's G2 Kanonenvogel

Just finished
DSC_2821ff.jpg

DSC_2836fff.jpg

DSC_2837fff.jpg

DSC_2838ff.jpg

DSC_2840ff.jpg

Some outside pics,
DSC_2954foss.jpg

DSC_2955foss.jpg

DSC_2962foss.jpg

DSC_2964foss.jpg

Home base

DSC_2885ff.jpg

DSC_2886ff.jpg

DSC_2887ff.jpg

DSC_2889ff.jpg

DSC_2890ff.jpg

DSC_2893ff.jpg

DSC_2894ff.jpg

Again a huge thankyou to Adam who sent me his spare twin MG81 which further enhanced this kit
DSC_2898ff.jpg

DSC_2899ff.jpg

DSC_2900ff.jpg

The spiral looks great spinning!
DSC_2902ff1.jpg

DSC_2904ffa.jpg

I'll be adding figures and equipment to this board and there is just enough room for a HS129 B2 !!

and I have painted the wing lights after missing them....

Absolutely superb, love everything about both those, finish, weathering, detail. Just really nice models, well done :)

Thankyou all, typical Hasegawa fit, very nice, Pe was intense but very enjoyable when the final piece went on! :yipee

Back