• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Builds Above the Ground... (Pic Heavy!)

Jeeves

Was sharing some of my builds with the tank folks and figured I shouldn't neglect my roots ;) These are all 1/48 unless otherwise noted...

I did this old Monogram B-24D this summer while on my summer vacation from teaching...did lots of scratch building inside but here is the end result--
043.jpg

Hasegawa's Eagle Squadron Hurricane- done in the scheme of America's first ETO ace Bill Dunn...
100_5687.jpg

Trumpeter's 1/32 SBD-3 with hand-painted markings...
100_5546.jpg

Eduard's Nieuport 11
100_5086.jpg

Accurate Miniature's TBF-1 at Midway...
100_4188.jpg

Another AM- this time the SBD-5 in Atlantic scheme...built as one in a dive--
100_2634.jpg

Overall I am not usually totally happy with a build as I always know I can improve-- but when a coworker asked me to build a Helldiver for his grandfather who was a radio-gunner in the Pacific...
100_1853.jpg

But here is where it all made it worthwhile-- he took this pic for me:
100_0870.jpg

And I generally like themes-- so I did the 4 fighters that the Tuskegee Airmen flew during the war after meeting and talking with one who lives here in Saratoga-

AM Tech P-40--
100_0366.jpg

Eduard P-39Q
100_1248.jpg

Tamiya P-47
100_0710.jpg

Tamiya P-51B
100_1070.jpg

Sorry for going crazy-- hard to pick which ones to post...

Thanks modelguru...

It really never occurred to me how small the WWI fighters were in comparison to their WWII big brothers until I set it in the case next to them... those knights of the air really had some brass ones...

Yeah those old WW1 aircraft were nothing short of kites with 90hp engines. Really nice builds Jeeves!

Thanks modelguru and moon puppy!

modelguru-- yes I do...I posted them in the Armor section and I believe you commented on them there ;)

Back