• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Building a 1:50 Scale Truck Dock

tiking

I have been working on a 1/50 scale diorama for a customer. It's a truck dock that will handle about 6 trucks. Docks for 4 full fledged truck and trailer and two single trucks without their trailers. Lots of fittings with bits and pieces of XPS to get things to fit perfectly or close. I Used lots of XPS to make the structure light but more sturdy. So far so good. The total dimension will be 60 x 100cm. I got an Ikea flat table board to use as a base for this diorama. I also have detailing on the roof, but have to do some painting first. Just commissioned a friend to do some 3D objects for me, for the roof. The 3D drawings look fantastic. Also going to be doing a removable section of an adjacent building, just so the customer can be able to take nice photos without a disturbing background disrupting the scene. We'll see how the end results will turn out. So far things are coming together nicely.

An Ikea table top was used as the base fro this diorama:

------------------

-----------

Finally added the lights and extra small details, that unfortunately, I did not get to photo, as the client as already picked up this commission work. Hope you guys have enjoyed this quick run-through.

Thank you for sharing this Charles. Amazing walk though, it looks real. The photos outside makes it hard to tell what scale this is, I've always said that was the mark of a master modeler.
:notworthy

Toy Woody WOW.gif

Back