• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Winter Truck Weathering

tiking

Yep! It's another 1:50 scale commission job from the same customer, who commissioned the truck/dock bay. The customer, Tobias Oscarsson, has the exact same truck in real life. This time, its a simple weathering job. I decided to go for the winter look. Here in Sweden it is cold, and I do mean COLD!!!! Once again, apology for the photos. My camera has gone haywire. But I think because it is below minus 17 Celsius. My camera could not take the cold outside. Anyway, This is pretty much how it looks during the winter season for trucks. I mimic the icy, cold, frozen snow look, on top of the truck, front, and back from the melted, slushy snow on the roads ,while driving. I've seen this many times and decided to mimic the look on this truck, as I thought, it would look awesome.

I'm working on a small winter diorama for this truck combo that I hope the customer will like, even though he did not request it. :)

----------------------

Another, quite realistic, truck build! I don't really like cold weather and this definitely makes me want to stay here in Memphis where it is in the plus side on the Celsius scale.
3D-Great Job.gif

Excellent rendition, "Charles, spot on, IMHO! Let's put it this way, I'm freezing me hinny off lookin at it:dude:

So awesome. Always love your builds...even if they are "just" weathering exercises. Looking forward to seeing it on a small base. :Drinks:

Back