• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bronco's SPG Bishop

Damn awesome!!

Looks like that guy is thinking "whats that officer going on about reloading? this things engine is blown."

Whoo whee! Those are excellent looking figures.

I just got an email confirming that my Bronco figures sets and my Mantis animals set will be shipped tomorrow. With luck it'll be here before the new year.

The detail on styrene figures has sure increased in the last few years. It's great that Bronco and Mini Art have British figures sets that can be used as Canadian troops too.

I just about finished another Frankenfigure for my L.R.D.G. diorama I'm tinkering with whilst waiting for parts on my two 25 pounder guns to cure.

Thanks again for sharing this wonderful build.

What paints are you going to use on your figures?

Cheers

I've only painted one set of figures and those were for my Out of Africa dio, I used oils for those.
I've been doing research on the uniforms and when I get that nailed down i'll see what i've got in the inventory and or order what I need.

Dave the way I see it: They think they see Monty coming up the road and the guy looking at the rear end is thinking "Big Deal" we've got a bigger pain in the butt right here. :laugh:

Thanks and Appreciate the kindness
Tony lee

Tanks here's some more of the figures.
I repositioned arms and swapped arms on a couple so they would
work out better for what I had in my minds eye.

001-27_zps090f3e53.jpg

Santa Claus is comin to town :D
Tony lee

:woohoo:

I'm sorry James but you'll just have to wait like the rest of us. :lol:

Made a tarp that's folded up on the right rear fender,the tow cable and filled the cracks on the figures this morning. There's also a shell chute to be made out of something there on the back too.

Patients grasshopper
Tony lee :)

I'm sorry James but you'll just have to wait like the rest of us. :lol:

Made a tarp that's folded up on the right rear fender,the tow cable and filled the cracks on the figures this morning. There's also a shell chute to be made out of something there on the back too.

Patients grasshopper
Tony lee :)

Ah but Tony, many of us are like retired doctors, no more patients.

Looking good.

Cheers and Happy Holy Days

How do you guys like this arrangement?

008_zps989583c8.jpg

011_zps8c913d56.jpg

009_zps351f3ea8.jpg

I made a projectile chute out of PE sprue with a copper wire handle and a folded up tarp
out of cigarette pack paper backed foil.
010_zps96278eb1.jpg

Made the bore cleaning rods and placed those along with a section of spare track and projectiles on
top of the limber.
012_zpsd5c50211.jpg

That's all Folks
Tony lee

That's cool Tony, those slats where those shells are staged, is that the actual use of those slats or you just taking creative license?

You know Pup I think those slats cover the cooling vents over the engine and the same for the lower doors too.
I got the idea from this photo so I can't take the credit.
NA_007260_zps5f304cd1.jpg

Thought it would add a bit of interest. :D

Thank you sir
Tony lee

Since i've only got a few bits and pieces to do I went ahead and applied a coat of Raw Umber oil
to start the weathering and it can be drying while I take care of the small stuff.

004-4_zps7823a409.jpg

002-24_zpsfa94b175.jpg

001-27_zps785b42a9.jpg

003-11_zps9504ae5c.jpg

I only did some light chipping,there's not much to run into out there in the desert.

Since its been a short week I just might do some more tomorrow.
See ya then
Tony lee :D

Back