• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

Trust me, if I had the resources and space, I would. My models do take up as lot of space. and my budget doesn't even cover supplies for them most times. Fortunately, I did stock up some time ago. With that, the handyman business, the Hobby Days and the Christmas events I work; I'm lucky to have the time for anything these days.

Stay with it man. You have a truly magnificent talent!

:Hiay
I am just about to update my FW190D post with quite a few photos but did this update first as it is a bit quicker and easier.
For those of you who enjoy SciFi, I just completed this landscape over the last couple of weeks. A nice refreshing change from the serious WW2 stuff, the scifi allows me to draw and paint straight from my imagination and be really colorful and also clears the pallette for the next WW2 adventure.

The Boneyard - Part 1 of a multi part science Fiction landscape that will expand in the next part to draw the viewer into the Sky Yard, which is the repair centre and trading post for the Spaceport.
There is a fair bit of detail which will be hard to see here but you should be able to make out most of it. Hopefully you see the scrap merchants cutting and investigating on the big engine at the back, with the main character glancing up at them and the passing ship coming from the spaceport [that will be to the right in the next painting]. It has been painted to be viewed on a 90cm wide print , where the detail can be easily seen and enjoyed.

the_plug_0012watermark.jpg

That is brilliant! Man, I love seeing things like this. I'll have to save up to buy this set when it gets done....

MP - - as long as they find what they are after....the guy hanging in the air in the intake front is shining a light on some tech on the inner wall. Maybe he will. Glad you like the feel. It was inspired by a set of games on the Playstation that I love called Borderlands.

Bob - thanks mate (y)

Mike - Thank you :)

Duke - Thanks , we must be birds of a feather. There will be one here for you when your ready. :dude

Paul - just a little bit of elbow grease will fix it! :good:

:Hiay
I am just about to update my FW190D post with quite a few photos but did this update first as it is a bit quicker and easier.
For those of you who enjoy SciFi, I just completed this landscape over the last couple of weeks. A nice refreshing change from the serious WW2 stuff, the scifi allows me to draw and paint straight from my imagination and be really colorful and also clears the pallette for the next WW2 adventure.

The Boneyard - Part 1 of a multi part science Fiction landscape that will expand in the next part to draw the viewer into the Sky Yard, which is the repair centre and trading post for the Spaceport.
There is a fair bit of detail which will be hard to see here but you should be able to make out most of it. Hopefully you see the scrap merchants cutting and investigating on the big engine at the back, with the main character glancing up at them and the passing ship coming from the spaceport [that will be to the right in the next painting]. It has been painted to be viewed on a 90cm wide print , where the detail can be easily seen and enjoyed.

the_plug_0012watermark.jpg

wow that is neat! Reminds me of my kid's room when he was a kid!

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - sci fi update

*Thanks iambrb and Luiz

Latest update for the landscape next to the Bone Yard - The Gultch (Spaceport part 2). This one expands the theme into 'The Gultch', an area where the metal workers and junk scabs live.
A shanty town and market next to the metal works and the Sky Yard.
Only the initial sketch, and to the left you can see where I have spliced in the far right side of the The Bone Yard so that I get my scaling and ege matching properly. More sketching to do but I have imported an engine from my ideas folder that I painted up about a year ago and this will be the feel to the large ship.

skyyard_3web.jpg

Ian.

B) Thanks everyone for the feedback. This one is moving forward slowly at the moment as I am trying to get the next stage of my FW D9 done as well as a new painting of the last Tiger 1 in Berlin.
Too many Irons in the fire at present!

Ian.

P.S. Hi Helios, glad you like it ....i hope the hook stays in place :lol:

08 April Update -
the last post looked like this
skyyard_3web.jpg

I have continued with work on the Spaceport 2 with the main ship getting details as well as the background. I have changed the name to The Badlands but I still have the splice from part 1 attached to the left side.
Still a lot to go - the white box like pods sitting around are power generators and still need to be rendered.You can also see that I have changed the ship a little making the body skinnier with a low bulge for the scoop. I liked the fat body look but the perspective wasn't working so I had to modify it. I have also started on the Radar dish which will be missing half the panels and look very delapidated.

badlands.jpg

Back again soon.
Ian.

Back