• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

Ian, that is stunning work! Brilliant! I do like the idea of a DC-3 coming in' or maybe even a C-54; that would make it even more postwar. Whatever you decide to do; it will turn out Masterful beyond words!

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - D9 Completed

Update - 06/12/2017.

15digital.jpg

I am also thinking of having a C-47 coming in to land in the mid background to show that this is just post war. What do you think of using that idea?

See you again soon for the final update.
Regards Ian[/quote]

OK i am back with the update.

FWD9.jpg

I went 'flat-out ' over the last week or so and did an 'All- nighter' last night to get it finished.
I ended up going with the Dakota coming in to land as this Anchors the painting in post May 1945.
I finished off all the loose ends I mentioned and went with a few puddles in the grass from rain the day before. Gives the ground work some contrast.
My Wacom records my painting time so I know how long I have spent purely painting the digit part - 69 hours. But that does not include the initial oil painting on canvas and the hours of research! Probably more like 120 hrs altogether.
Again this painting has been the hardest one to complete so far but that seems to be the case with each one.
The gun bay behind the motor was the most difficult and intricate part and I would not have been able to do the angle and detail without the 1/24 Trumpeter kit to allow me to see whats there at the angle I wanted. The black and white photo is just a black blob for the Guns on the cowling.
I have studied this plane so much that I am fully ready for the model kit. This plane had a forced landing and after studying the damage it appears that the supercharger blew out a section of the left side cowling, possibly hit by gunfire from an allied opponent.
Anyway on to the model full time now!
Enjoy and always appreciate you comments and any suggestions for the next one!

Ian.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - D9 UPDATE

Pulling an all nighter, That's when you're really into your art and passion and it shows.

Outstanding Ian! :notworthy

That is simply fantastic, Ian! Thank you for sharing it with us. :notworthy :drinks

Wow! This is stunning beyond words! I don't have the right ones for properly expressing my admiration and amazement at this incredible masterpiece! Th DC-3 does indeed improve things, but the rain puddles truly bring this to life; tying in the distant rain clouds with the planes in the foreground.

Wow........ just........ Wow! :blink :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) (y)

Pulling an all nighter, That's when you're really into your art and passion and it shows.

Outstanding Ian! :notworthy

Thanks MP - I love doing all nighters but you pay for it for a day or two. Not as young as I used to be hey ;) :laugh:

That is simply fantastic, Ian! Thank you for sharing it with us. :notworthy :drinks

Thanks Mike, the pleasure is all mine. If you don't share it then it never gets seen by anybody but me which is pretty boring from my angle. :laugh: :good:

Wow! This is stunning beyond words! I don't have the right ones for properly expressing my admiration and amazement at this incredible masterpiece! Th DC-3 does indeed improve things, but the rain puddles truly bring this to life; tying in the distant rain clouds with the planes in the foreground.

Wow........ just........ Wow! :blink :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) (y)

Big thanks Duke,it's always good to hear that level of appreciation. You are obviously interested in the niche like me, so it's a pleasure to get that kind of feedback and to get a few comments on the details.
That's what makes it even better for me!:v :dude B)

Big thanks Duke,it's always good to hear that level of appreciation. You are obviously interested in the niche like me, so it's a pleasure to get that kind of feedback and to get a few comments on the details.

You are very welcome. Back in the day, I used to paint on canvas a lot. I have done a number of paintings as a kid and teen but never anything related to my model building. It's been forever since I picked up a paintbrush except to paint a model. Maybe someday... my wife had asked for a painting by me to hang on the wall. I never did it. I really should someday.

You are very welcome. Back in the day, I used to paint on canvas a lot. I have done a number of paintings as a kid and teen but never anything related to my model building. It's been forever since I picked up a paintbrush except to paint a model. Maybe someday... my wife had asked for a painting by me to hang on the wall. I never did it. I really should someday.

Well, you should get back into it. You just don't know what tomorrow brings so don't waste a moment!
That's what i follow.....none of us are getting any younger.

Ian

Back