• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bandai 1/72 Tie Fighter

Jeeves

Well- I put the AT-AT Walker in my son Lucas' room near his radio to see if he'd even notice it...he walked in for bed and immediately was elated to see it in there-- I have a few of the new Bandai kits and he wanted me to build them and add them to his shelf...so-- this kit is gorgeous and basically snaps together...I'm only using glue to reinforce and make sure the looser parts stay put...but everything you see in this cockpit is snapped in with no glue...
IMG_1276.jpg

Pretty much everything else is now assembled...I'll take pics once the washes I applied have dried completely...

Nothing prepainted....but the parts trees all correspond to the correct colors so you could get away with not painting. I did spray a bit darker gray on the interiors so i could weather a bit- and there are also decals and stickers you see here for the interior....

I've been wondering about these kits. Looking forward to seeing how this looks when its done! :popcorn

Ask and ye shall receive Dave ;)
IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

Added some Mig washes and then remembered that when folks used washes on the AT-ST over at SMA, it ate away at the plastic a bit...everything here looks fine so hopefully I'll be OK...the dark wash really makes the panel structures pop...
IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

Added it to Luke's shelf tonight ;)

Thanks Dave and Luiz!

Yeah- kind of reminds me of the goopy snot stuff that used to come in cans with rubber worms when we were growing up...that could not have been good for us ;)

Nice Job Mike ... It'll look very good next to the AT-AT ..... Congrats on a job well done ... and I'm sure your Son will be Impressed ... :salute

Back