• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Back after a 20 year hiatus

91474D

Hello, starting building again after being out of the hobby for 20 years. A lot has changed to include the amount of reference material and the quality of kits in that time (including the price!). Thanks for having me.

OK then, welcome aboard ForDee.... :rotf

Where you located if you don't mind me asking. What subjects are you interested in? Got anything underway?

OK then, welcome aboard ForDee.... :rotf

Where you located if you don't mind me asking. What subjects are you interested in? Got anything underway?

I’m doing some research on a couple interior scratch builds I’m planing, IS-2, M22/T9E1 for now. I have a couple of old kits I’ve never opened like a 1/35 Dragon M4A1. I also have a 1/48 Me110G and F-16D Blk 50 that was started but never finished...

Welcome to MA! Don't feel bad about having a kit on the "Shelf of Doom", we all have them. (sometimes way too many of them) As for research, if you need some info just ask, there are some VERY knowledgeable folks here that are always glad to help.

I’m doing some research on a couple interior scratch builds I’m planing, IS-2, M22/T9E1 for now.

You can get a head start on the Stalin by tracking down the Jaguar set, mastered by Ben Jakobsen, interior set.

1593174585727.png

Regards,

Welcome to the Alliance ForDee!! and back to the hobby :Drinks:
Definitely looking forward to see your builds.
:victory:

Welcome back!

I'm a relatively new returnee (5-ish years ago after a 25 year break). It really is a brave new world.

Back