• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Avro Arrow Mk.3 in 1/72 scale + decal question

Tankbuilder

Hi there.

I'm repairing some damage on this model of the Avro Arrow Mk.3 that built some time ago using the original 1/72 scale Hobbycraft Avro Arrow Mk.1 kit as a donor for this major conversion.

The new air intakes were made by laminating styrene plastic and then carving and hollowing out the intakes to shape them.

Top View.

Side View.

As you can see the clear portion of the decals has yellowed. Has anyone here ever been able to restore this type of waterslide decal to remove the yellowing? I'm thinking that I'll probably have to put on new decals.

thanks for looking and comments are welcomed.

Cheers from Peter

I've heard that if the sheet has yellowed that you can put it in direct sunlight and it'll bleach them back clear. But once on the model, I don't know.

I've done the direct sunlight thing for decal sheets and it works as long as they are not too far gone. By the looks of that model Peter I think you are better off replacing them if you can.

Back