• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aussie M1A1 Abrams

Lol :laugh:

As mentioned, here are the images with the road wheels and side fenders on. Finally :eek:hmy:

Have ordered an AFV club camo net and some Echlon decals as I am keen to see which would be better to use.
Fox or Echlon :hmmm

Have painted the loaders MG slide ring in Humbrol 53 Metal and I think it has come close to an identical colour.
Getting closer now. Decals to be applied and work out what stowage will work on the turret.

88kO5GC.jpg

HmyMB4e.jpg

OPybfVb.jpg

1nhLkgI.jpg

Michael

Thanks Guys,

The stowage and cam net will be a balancing act.
Trying not to go over the top with too much stowage.

I am presuming the M1's beong on exercise in the bush for a month or less training and would not need a lot of stowage. Unlike Thunder run in 2003.

Michael

Hello,

Back again with a small update on Progress.

Still working on the 50 cal, it is not glued in yet.the ammo box and sighting system still needs to be added.

The main stowage is glued in place with the small pieces to be glued in the outer racks.Figures and decals to be added.
The inside of each road wheel received a coat of Vellajo diorama effects along with wash's and pigment.

Still a long way to go with the base to be made up.That's where all the fun starts.

TbhyUQc.jpg

zNcHFQe.jpg

mo1anRK.jpg

yuWh5q5.jpg

lAXJAgz.jpg

wIrUBpd.jpg

Michael

Looking pretty d*mn good to my eye, so good to see an Abrams not in overall desert tan.

Ian.

Thanks Jeff,

Apologies people for the late reply. Had to dump out a long serving display case in the man cave due to water damage from the aircon. It's been a tumultuous few weeks removing kits out of the showcase repacking into plastic containers and moving other cabinets around in the room to make it all work.

Somehow in between all that I have been working on the base for the Aussie Abrams and building a Israeli Shot Kal.

Have always liked this variant and it's like the second Israeli kit built over 32 years :eek:hmy: .

So here is the cabinet ready to be moved out.
RsuFtZc.jpg

The base work from Vallejo's earth effects
H1sLcgN.jpg

And some shots of the shot Kal
XHU7bRt.jpg

kjD7NeM.jpg

UEic3CH.jpg

CWb275r.jpg

Michael

Jeff,

I used this tool below and spread it out over the base.The earth effects was moist enough it spread out easily.
Once it dries it is rock hard. It was the first time using this stuff and I can see why in the demo videos they lay the Trees and turf into the earth effects before it dries.
7yVYRcX.jpg

Michael

Back