• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aussie M1A1 Abrams

Thank you for your words.

Did not realize the images look a little further away after posting them.

The components will be flat cleared next for the washes and weathering.

Will try and get better close up images of the work to show more detail of what has been done.

Michael

Mike this is coming along nicely! The Aussie camo looks so Kool on the Abrams B)

Thank you again for your words, they are appreciated.

Will keep the build images flowing, having 2 weeks holidays gives me more time for the things I love most.

Michael :drinks

That is some incredible work.

1-Did you mask the camo? It looks like really tight, crisp lines. How’d ya do that?

2-I really like the work on the tracks. Going to hang onto this as I have 2 projects going on that can benefit from this.....

Thanks Guys.

That is some incredible work.

1-Did you mask the camo? Free hand airbrushing, I was contemplating using the Mig Masking putty but found the paint was easy to control and needed to experiment.
It looks like really tight, crisp lines. How’d ya do that?

2-I really like the work on the tracks. Going to hang onto this as I have 2 projects going on that can benefit from this.....

Michael

Hello again,

Back with a small update

The 3 tone Camo pattern is done.
May be some more very minor touch ups to do.

Airbrushed freehand, no masking.
Ia2WimQ.jpg

X0xu2d5.jpg

0VIUK41.jpg

cFhxCLj.jpg

Michael

Thanks Guys,

It's really good to get back and build a single vehicle, I felt like the Famo and trailer was a ball and chain around my neck.

With the final images being posted it was a build that will sit as a huge accomplishment for 2018.

I too had become one of those model builders who has started kits but never finishes them and I did not want that to happen with the Famo and trailer.

The Meng Abrams build is a fall together kit without too many alterations. Full of detail and if you look closely for example the raised numbers on the engine deck. I thought this was a nice touch to get detail like this in a plastic kit and will show the numbers in future workbench images.

Michael

Michael that is great that you are getting it finished and that your are working harder to complete models. I myself hate having so many unfinished models on the workbench. I really need to buckle down and finish them up. This Abrams is looking fantastic; keep it coming man!

I like Pup's idea too of joining a campaign to do something quick and easy.

Thanks Duke and Bob,

I'd like to build something quick but the problem is that I'm too particular with a vehicle.

Spend way too much time weathering and detailing and I always seem to like adding figures. :frantic :laugh:

Having a large diorama with king tiger, flak 38, v170 saloon and 25+ figures, a schnellboote and a 1/32 B17 will be the 2019 goals to achieve. :bang head :laugh:

At least I will try and finish one of them. :good:

Thanks Duke and Bob,

I'd like to build something quick but the problem is that I'm too particular with a vehicle.

Spend way too much time weathering and detailing and I always seem to like adding figures. :frantic :laugh:

Having a large diorama with king tiger, flak 38, v170 saloon and 25+ figures, a schnellboote and a 1/32 B17 will be the 2019 goals to achieve. :bang head :laugh:

At least I will try and finish one of them. :good:

Now I'd pay money to see that! Bring it on my friend!

It almost sounds like a museum diorama I wanted to do in 1/72 scale. It was supposed to be a big project that I could get my club to participate in. It never got off the ground though....

Thanks Mark,

I think your words have given me some inspiration. There was an an opportunity last night with some spare time to do a little extra work on figure cleanup for the diorama. Nothing too drastic just a little work here and there to keep the motivation in. :good:

Looking really good, Mike.

You did an excellent job freehanding the camo pattern.

Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Cheers,
James

That's awesome Mike, thanks! It's nice to know I was able to positively influence you in some small way.

Thanks James and Mark.

Still working on the side fenders and once on will require further paint work to have the guards marry up with the pattern on the tank.

More images shortly.

Michael.

Back