• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AtlantaCon 24 Region 3 Convention

That is a 6 hour drive for me. I "could" do it, but really have nothing to enter at this point, so I will just stay home this weekend and save the 12 hours for sleep and hobby stuff.

We're not entering anything Paul. I'm going for the fellowship and raid vendors. I need new tools, tweezers, masking materials, Mr Liquid
Putty or whatever they call it. I'm going to refrain from buying any kits. No really!

We will hit the Hobby Town up in Kennesaw and if time permits might even hit the "Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History" where the General is.

Yeah the locals only go to a couple of shows Huntsville and Little Rock I think at most and the few times I asked them if any were going, they pretty much did the
3D-Rassperry.gif
to me, so I finally just gave it back to them and now do my own thing. They can kiss my
3D-Moon.gif
from here on out.

I might go to a show later on, and will be going to Wonderfest up in Louisville again this year for Saturday. It is only a 5 hour drive.
3D-hangover.gif

I totally understand. I'm looking at the map trying to see if I can get to Marietta without hitting 285.

Some on the scene reporting Bruce? :vgood:

This is the only shot I got and tried to send to @Sharkmouth
1710626999460.png

Had a really great trip today.

Started off oh dark 30 from the homestead in Due West when @iambrb and @errains showed up to relay into the Tundra for the 2.5+- hour drive over to Marietta GA. Trip into Atlanta Metro wasn't so bad till a bit of road rage took over...ok maybe a couple but it's Atlanta, it's expected.

We got to the site about the time the doors opened, vendors were a setup, had really good turnout this time. Squadron was on site as well as UMM, I blew my budget on some tools and only got one kit. More on that later.

I tried to bait @Rhino with a photo of something for sail but he wasn't taking the bait.
1710628161377.png

We made contact with @Greg Kimsey and his son. Greg looking good post surgery and he looks like he's making a good recovery. Then we found @Tim A. and his lovely bride Penny. What a sport she is for putting up with so much geekdom at one location. We saw some good models and other friends then grabbed some really good cajun eats for lunch with much lively conversation. We then adjourned to the Kennasaw GA hobbytown to look for things we didn't find at the show, bad news, no Mr Dissolved Putty could be had in the state of GA.

Ride back was great as soon as we got off the interstate, ok it might have taken a bit longer but it was easier on the road raging and sure was pretty ride. Had a really good debate on how to proceed on the MacRobertson racers to the point that the Gee Bee is already stripped of her color. Will be replaced with ColorS!....More on that later.

Once again, sure was nice to meet all y'all Modelers Allianceses....MAers. Let's do it again sometime eh?
:mpup

It was great to see the gang again! It was a good “my first show”, but wish I could have taken more money. @moon puppy , I have Mr Dissolved putty. I will send you a bottle on Monday (unless you need more than one LOL. Let me know if you need anything else). @iambrb , I don’t know how I missed that yellow Bronco! That thing is stellar! Thank you for taking a picture of it. Also thank you for finding that restaurant! We had some good food and conversation. @Tim A. , it was great to put a face with the name!.Penny is a gem! You might want to hang on to her.
My son Chris said I have a good group of friends. He’s not wrong!

Since I don't want to be left out here are just a few of my pics from the show...hopfully no repeats

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1102.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1109.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

Thats it from me. Had a great time meeting up with everyone and I'm look forward to next year. Who knows I might even enter something. :coolio2:
:victory:

It was a fun day. Penny wasn't sure about it, untill she met y'all. On the way home she told me y'all were a great group of guys and not weird at all...😅 That restaurant was a great find!
My one regret is not getting the 1/16 scale 3 in 1 Takom FT 17 Renualt kit a vendor said make an offer on.
Looking forward to meeting up again soon!

I think I said Bruce picked the restaurant but it was Eric! @iambrb , your son sounds fascinating. My daughter dreamed of being a marine biologist since we visited Seaworld when she was a wee lass.

How many entries?
How many entrants?
Was the raffle any fun? I've only been to 'Lana once and the raffle was crazy big!
Didja hear any new jokes?
"Road Rage"? Yike!
I love a model show!

The Big Revell CSS Alabama would have been cool, but I would have to hire Tim to build it and have Paul on retainer to advise Tim on how to do it.

Back