• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ARR 1/32 Cyber Hobby Bf109E-3 (finished)

DougN

I thought I would post a few of my finished models, and decided to start with this one.

This is the Cyber Hobby 1/32 Bf109E-3 kit, which is my preferred kit for 1/32 Bf109E's. Aftermarket used were the excellent Airscale instrument decals, Master 109E barrel set, and an MV lens for the gunsight. "Scratch-built" details include the 11 part aerial wire and assorted parts, some stainless steel wire for the rudder control cables, plastic tube for the fuselage MG "blast tubes", some aluminum tube for the spinner cannon tube and some stretched clear sprue (painted) for the wingtip lights.

Here are a few "in-progress' snaps:

This model represents aircraft No.37 of Grupul 7 Vanatoare, Forţele Aeriene Regale ale României, based at Pipera-Bucharesti, Romania, as delivered in March 1941. There are many photos of these aircraft at the time of delivery and shortly thereafter, which show them in RLM 70/65 . Note that Luftwaffe paint was semi-gloss when applied, so I represented this on my model as well. Not really visible in the accompanying photos, but barely perceptible on the model, are the original German markings and camo scheme on the upper wings showing through the new RLM70 overcoat, based on photos of this airframe. I used the excellent RB Productions Romanian Bf109E Part 3 decal sheet, which I highly recommend to anyone looking for a colorful and out-of-the-ordinary scheme for their own 109E.

Thanks for looking! Comments/questions/critique always welcomed.

Doug

Cool, you've earned a new friend from Romania when Laurence sees this.

You did more than just cut that aluminum tube, what did you bore it out with?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your kind comments!

@ Bob, I used my "pine tree" bit from my dremel set to thin out the forward end of the aluminum tube (I also use it to thin plastic tube). I just use my fingers to turn it:

And, my wife is Romanian, so it's a given I need to build a subject in Romanian markings whenever possible :)

Thanks!

Doug

And, my wife is Romanian, so it's a given I need to build a subject in Romanian markings whenever possible :)

Thanks!

Doug[/quote]

That does keep you out of the dog house. It is refreshing to see a really clean builds every now and then.

It is refreshing to see a really clean builds every now and then.

Thanks Paul - the photos I used for reference were at the time of delivery from the factory, so these were really clean and shiny at the time, which I tried to replicate here.

Doug

Great Job on that Emil (y)

I don't get to see too many Romanian related models, Chuck is doing an IAR, you did this one, both planes that my grandad flew during the War - thank you both for this :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thanks for the link MP, appreciate it. Got me out of hiding :D

Cheers,

Laurence

Back