• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ar 240C-02 Finished

razordws

I'm stalled on my other projects so might as well dive into this one. Not until tomorrow though as it's opening night for Hockey season!

5QhdD.jpg

01Ar240_zpsbcc23603.jpg

Ar 240C-02

I've got that kit in the newer boxing in the stash. A couple of reviews have said the seats look undersized.

2-2 for Edmonton.

:drinks
Rich

Ar 240C-02

Great choice in what to build Dave! :)

I built one of these kits two years ago and really enjoyed it. Can't remember any troubles with construction on it, the only thing I did not care for was the size of the external radar which were too thick to look right.

Matrixone

Ar 240C-02

Thanks guys!

Rich, the seats do look on the small side but I don't have anything suitable in the spares box so in they went.

Les, thanks for the tip on the radar. I'll see how they look when I get to that point.

Assembled the Pit and sprayed a base coat of RLM 66 on this morning as I have the day off. I'll start picking out some details tonight.

Ar 240C-02

Progress report, pit is painted and assembled.

02Ar240_zps12d41ba5.jpg

A few more steps to assembly than normal but it went together quite well. Not sure why they had to break down the wings and fuselage into so many pieces, maybe they had other variants planned?

03Ar240_zps3e01f416.jpg

Here's where I am at. Kinda fun to work on a kit with no warpage or sucky canopies! (y)

04Ar240_zpsd0b25d27.jpg

Thanks for looking in! :soldier

Ar 240C-02

Revell also released the A240 A-0 pre-production version that had a different aileron configuration and smaller wing span.

:drinks
Rich

Ar 240C-02

Still plugging away on this one. Got the top coat on but now I have some major overspray to fix on the underside. Thought I could get away with no masking... should know better but was over anxious to try out my new airbrush. :bang head

05Ar240_zpsf6002a4e.jpg

Back